A Levels and Mental Health Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I hope someone could give me advice. I'm currently resitting my a levels since last year my a levels didn't go to plan (C's) . I was determined to repeat and currently, I am at school repeating. Though I feel very unmotivated and think I'm falling into depression. Like I really just sleep straight after school and feel very lonely because I have no one to speak to since all my friends are at university.

I honestly find it so hard to cope under pressure, I will have my books in front of me and procrastinate and I have aspirations but I feel as if my mental health limits this as I physically and mentally feel drained.

Is this normal and would it be best to seek counselling or something? Sorry I had no one to tell about this any advice would be much appreciated
Skeletonclique21
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I admire you a lot for resitting. My A levels didn't go as well as everyone (including me) had expected. I don't think I had it in me to resit. I would recommend definitely seeking help- you may be eligible to extra help during exams as well. It sounds like you have burn out but i relate to the loneliness! i stayed home for uni and it's the loneliest feeling sending hugs x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Skeletonclique21)
I admire you a lot for resitting. My A levels didn't go as well as everyone (including me) had expected. I don't think I had it in me to resit. I would recommend definitely seeking help- you may be eligible to extra help during exams as well. It sounds like you have burn out but i relate to the loneliness! i stayed home for uni and it's the loneliest feeling sending hugs x
Awh thank you!! Yeah A Levels are such a challenging time period and I hope you feel better as well and I guess it's a common feeling x
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I hope someone could give me advice. I'm currently resitting my a levels since last year my a levels didn't go to plan (C's) . I was determined to repeat and currently, I am at school repeating. Though I feel very unmotivated and think I'm falling into depression. Like I really just sleep straight after school and feel very lonely because I have no one to speak to since all my friends are at university.

I honestly find it so hard to cope under pressure, I will have my books in front of me and procrastinate and I have aspirations but I feel as if my mental health limits this as I physically and mentally feel drained.

Is this normal and would it be best to seek counselling or something? Sorry I had no one to tell about this any advice would be much appreciated
Definitely seek counselling, but do speak to friends and family if you're struggling.
Also, if you're procrastinating then most likely it's because you don't have high enough/motivating enough aspirations. E.g. some people say they want to be a teacher because they like teaching, but do you think they'll be as motivated as an individual who wants to teach because they understand that knowledge is the key to the success of our youth in the future, and through knowledge, opens many avenues to success?
Perhaps you feel down because you feel left behind as all your friends are at university, and you're not, so you feel like you're missing out?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

Also, if you need revision advice, let me know. Also, what are your aspirations? And what A-Levels are you resitting?
Skeletonclique21
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Awh thank you!! Yeah A Levels are such a challenging time period and I hope you feel better as well and I guess it's a common feeling x
Youre welcome! Arent they just! Thank you x
dinkyvienna
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey
I feel quite the same, however only just started college (16), and theres not really any like minded people so i just dont know what to say to them and struggle to make conversation. I sit with people at lunch but we really don't have much in common and i wouldn't speak to / meet up outside of college.
Now i just seem to be losing motivation and am beginning to find it hard to cope. In my free time i just can't think of what to do and have 0 motivation towards work. I've already moved courses once and can't again - i like my college course but its such a long way from home and i kinda feel trapped
I hope school improves for you
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Also, if you need revision advice, let me know. Also, what are your aspirations? And what A-Levels are you resitting?
Hey sorry for the late reply!

I appreciate the reply, I think I wasn't very motivated and down but I have talked to my family and friends and they've been supportive.

And that would be awesome I am currently studying politics, english and history
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by dinkyvienna)
Hey
I feel quite the same, however only just started college (16), and theres not really any like minded people so i just dont know what to say to them and struggle to make conversation. I sit with people at lunch but we really don't have much in common and i wouldn't speak to / meet up outside of college.
Now i just seem to be losing motivation and am beginning to find it hard to cope. In my free time i just can't think of what to do and have 0 motivation towards work. I've already moved courses once and can't again - i like my college course but its such a long way from home and i kinda feel trapped
I hope school improves for you
Honestly, I understand, I moved for the sixth form and it's so uncomfortable to try to stay in touch with family members and try to join a gym. Sixth form/college is really a hard period but it will be over so quickly, please try talking to someone

I hope things really do work for you and thankfully my situation is slightly getting better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (280)
47.22%
No (69)
11.64%
I'm not old enough (244)
41.15%

Watched Threads