writertg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m currently getting ready to do my national 5 prelims for biology, modern studies, history, maths and english. It’s quite scary once reality has set in, I was wondering if there’s any study techniques I should adopt preferably in maths. I know my national 5’s aren’t as important as highers but I still aim to do well hopefully all A’s if I manage to sort out maths. Any advice? Any ways to destress?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by writertg)
I’m currently getting ready to do my national 5 prelims for biology, modern studies, history, maths and english. It’s quite scary once reality has set in, I was wondering if there’s any study techniques I should adopt preferably in maths. I know my national 5’s aren’t as important as highers but I still aim to do well hopefully all A’s if I manage to sort out maths. Any advice? Any ways to destress?
With maths, it's mainly a case of a lot of practice questions and regularly going over any areas you get stuck on. What works best will be different for different people, but I found making mindmaps/flashcards helpful, and made my own notes for some subjects if my class ones weren't great. Nat 5 prelims are the perfect opportunity to try lots of different methods of revision though, to figure out which ones work for you
In terms of destressing, again it does vary from person to person...What things do you enjoy doing? Walking outdoors, sport/going to the gym, listening to music, being with friends? There's not one right way of doing it- so long as it's something you enjoy and can use as a time to not be thinking about schoolwork, then it's a good way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (177)
19.11%
Labour (472)
50.97%
Liberal Democrats (124)
13.39%
Green Party (54)
5.83%
Brexit Party (14)
1.51%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.43%
SNP (15)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.43%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.65%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (4)