shahlakh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My experiment was about comparing two plating techniques and i used ecoli as the bacteria. unfortunately i forgot to mention the word aerobic in the growth conditions. How much will I be penalised for this? the coursework has a 40% weightage. But still what will u presume the amount of marks i will loose for not mentioning that we are counting the aerobic bacterial colonies or given aerobic condition?
Suchomimus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What course/assessment is this? I would love to help if I had the specifics.
shahlakh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Suchomimus)
What course/assessment is this? I would love to help if I had the specifics.
It is basic laboratory techniques module of msc biotechnology and its a scientifc lab report
Suchomimus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by shahlakh)
It is basic laboratory techniques module of msc biotechnology and its a scientifc lab report
Haven't done that! So sorry I couldn't help.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's quite a big omission, so you will definitely lose some marks. How many, exactly, is impossible to say - depends on the quality of the rest of the write-up.
shahlakh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
It's quite a big omission, so you will definitely lose some marks. How many, exactly, is impossible to say - depends on the quality of the rest of the write-up.
not like 5 marks like that right? my rest of the write up was fine...but i just want to be sure because i dont want to loose 10 marks just cz i didnt mention aerobic as a condition
Last edited by shahlakh; 2 weeks ago
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
not like 5 marks like that right?
As I said - it's impossible to quantify. You'll just have to wait for it to be marked.

Sorry.
shahlakh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
As I said - it's impossible to quantify. You'll just have to wait for it to be marked.

Sorry.
i feel so bad now. I wrote everything right but just forgot to mention the word aerobic and i will loose marks for that. Hopefully they dont penalise so much.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i feel so bad now. I wrote everything right but just forgot to mention the word aerobic and i will loose marks for that. Hopefully they dont penalise so much.
What's done is done. It probably won't be a costly mistake, so long as the rest of the work was good.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Realistically you might lose a mark or two, but if you said something like "and then place upside down in the incubator" it's pretty obvious you are not creating anaerobic or microaerophilic conditions. If you described that then it's much more wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19
  • Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (28)
21.88%
Labour (63)
49.22%
Liberal Democrats (15)
11.72%
Green Party (9)
7.03%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
3.13%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (2)
1.56%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)