And_U
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m on my 2 year of biomedical sciences ( 3 year in total). As I want to proceed straight into medicine without a gap year, I need to apply for it no later than October 15 2020 (start of final year) for the 2021 autumn entry, am I correct?.

2) If the first question is correct that mean that I need to finish exams (gamsat, bmat, ukcat: depending on university) in 2020 before October as the deadline will close the application.
And_U
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
3) how can I apply for it in October 2020 if I finish my degree and grade in 2021?

4) some universities require a level for the graduate medicine entrance. The thing I don’t understand is, if I have my degree in biomed (2:1 or higher) why it is necessary to present a level exams from school?
ej3352
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes you apply essentially a year before you're due to start, and you would be expected to complete the admissions tests inside that application cycle, with the exception of GAMSAT which lasts up to 2 years.

As for the last question, some want a levels some don't. They get thousands of applications and need to separate people so can really be as picky as they want. Why they want what they want is decided by individual universities so I can't really tell you. It may be worth emailing admissions at some point it you lack in any areas as they may make exceptions if you have other qualifications.

Your degree must be finalised before you begin the course. So you will have started 3rd year at the point of application. Your academic reference on your UCAS form would complete a predicted final classification to aid your application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (66)
19.35%
Labour (165)
48.39%
Liberal Democrats (48)
14.08%
Green Party (21)
6.16%
Brexit Party (4)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.88%
SNP (7)
2.05%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.88%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (5)
1.47%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)