pippapear666
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Soooooo this is a bit noobish and I need some guidance.
I know you can do a (hons) bachelors and therefore graduate with first class honours. I do an LLB Law degree, and up until now honestly didn’t even think you could do an LLB honours degree.

I want to apply for a masters however the ones I am most interested in require “at least a 2.1 with honours degree” - does anyone have experience in this area? This might sound naive but can an LLB Law never give a “with honours”, is that only reserved for degrees which upon enrolment state they are a (hons)?
I’m very confused and quite upset as Law was the only path for me for undergrad and so I was very blind sighted in my choosing of course. Also not many of the Russel groups even provide LLB hons, which makes me more confused.

If anyone has any practical experience with this, maybe an LLB student who has gone on to do a masters at a high tier uni - please weigh in!

Thanks a bunch.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by pippapear666)
Soooooo this is a bit noobish and I need some guidance.
I know you can do a (hons) bachelors and therefore graduate with first class honours. I do an LLB Law degree, and up until now honestly didn’t even think you could do an LLB honours degree.

I want to apply for a masters however the ones I am most interested in require “at least a 2.1 with honours degree” - does anyone have experience in this area? This might sound naive but can an LLB Law never give a “with honours”, is that only reserved for degrees which upon enrolment state they are a (hons)?
I’m very confused and quite upset as Law was the only path for me for undergrad and so I was very blind sighted in my choosing of course. Also not many of the Russel groups even provide LLB hons, which makes me more confused.

If anyone has any practical experience with this, maybe an LLB student who has gone on to do a masters at a high tier uni - please weigh in!

Thanks a bunch.
You are confused! Your degree is very likely to be an LLB (honours) but they only refer to it as an LLB.

Which uni are you doing your LLB at?
Last edited by harrysbar; 3 months ago
guzmancarea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
You are confused! Your degree is very likely to be an LLB (honours) but they only refer to it as an LLB.

Which uni are you doing your LLB at?
do you know if that’s the case with the uni of birmingham?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by guzmancarea)
do you know if that’s the case with the uni of birmingham?
It will be the case at the uni of Birmingham, yes.

Other unis will have no problem accepting someone with a 2:1 from Birmingham for their masters programmes
Last edited by harrysbar; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads