The Student Room Group

Law clearing

I’ve applied to a science based subject through ucas. Is there any way I can go through clearing for another degree such as law. If so what’s the process
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve applied to a science based subject through ucas. Is there any way I can go through clearing for another degree such as law. If so what’s the process

Yes it is possible to apply for different subjects in Clearing. Everything happens very fast in Clearing and unis with vacancies try to fill them with people who have the best grades, not bothering so much with things like the personal statement. You will automatically be entered into Clearing if you have no offers or if you have declined all your offers (you can do that via Track on results day now if you find a better course).

I'm assuming that you applied over 14 days ago so it's too late to change it? If that's the case, another thing you could do is ask the unis who make you offers if you could switch to Law. They may allow it if you meet the entry requirements for Law and they have spaces.

Also, be aware that you don't need a Law degree to become a solicitor or barrister - you could do a science degree and then convert to Law later on

Quick Reply