The Student Room Group

My first week

So i was on a total other path last year with my degree. I was all geared up for going back to my second year of my course. When upon reading what i was going to be studying for the next year i thought, oh my life i cant do that.
I was meant to return on the Monday, I had a complete meltdown on the Sunday night. I couldn't cope so i decided to look at my options, this was at 10pm. By Midnight I decided I would go and speak to the History lecturers on the Monday morning.
I didn't sleep well that night i got out of bed at 5am and started to get ready for my hour journey. I was terrified i would see my class mates and they would be funny with me. I got to uni at 8.30 and waited outside the History lecturers room. She was such a lovely person she went through what i would study and what was expected of me. Then she invited me to her lecture.
It was amazing the first time i realised I could study something i enjoy without it being solely focused on getting a job after. The people on my course were different to the people on the last course. Much more sedate and friendly. I looked forward to getting to know them and the subject. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending