xxlily_hattonxx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I applied to five universities (to start Sept 2020), these were Plymouth, Bournemouth, Northampton, Gloucestershire, and UWE. I was given interviews for all except Bournemouth who said no straight off. I've had interviews ar Gloucestershire and Northampton, and I haven't received an offer. UWE is next, what happens at the interview process? what sort of questions or tasks am I asked to do? UWE is the university that I want to go to. I would appreciate any advice, it's on the 6th December
5thchild
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xxlily_hattonxx)
I applied to five universities (to start Sept 2020), these were Plymouth, Bournemouth, Northampton, Gloucestershire, and UWE. I was given interviews for all except Bournemouth who said no straight off. I've had interviews ar Gloucestershire and Northampton, and I haven't received an offer. UWE is next, what happens at the interview process? what sort of questions or tasks am I asked to do? UWE is the university that I want to go to. I would appreciate any advice, it's on the 6th December
Hi, do you have any idea why you got a straight rejection from Bournemouth? We went to their open day this year and it is my daughters number 1 choice of Uni. But the senior lecturer said ideally that want applicants to have at least 900 hours of healthcare work under their belt. How can an A level student accomplish this?
xxlily_hattonxx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 5thchild)
Hi, do you have any idea why you got a straight rejection from Bournemouth? We went to their open day this year and it is my daughters number 1 choice of Uni. But the senior lecturer said ideally that want applicants to have at least 900 hours of healthcare work under their belt. How can an A level student accomplish this?
They didn’t really tell me much in my email but I feel that it was due to my levels of experience. If there’s a hospital or minor injuries unit etc near you, I’d suggest that your daughter pops in and speaks to them to see if she can at least start getting experience. Hope that helps
5thchild
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They didn’t really tell me much in my email but I feel that it was due to my levels of experience. If there’s a hospital or minor injuries unit etc near you, I’d suggest that your daughter pops in and speaks to them to see if she can at least start getting experience. Hope that helps
Thanks for yours reply. My daughter did 6 months volunteering on the cardiac ward of our city hospital earlier this year. In her gap year she is planning on becoming a community first responder and working for a nursing agency to get experience. She is applying for her C1 licence in feb when she turns 18 and will take the exam after her A levels in July. So trying to tick as many boxes as possible
ak20022
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Did you get an offer ??
xxlily_hattonxx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by ak20022)
Did you get an offer ??
I didn’t unfortunately, not for any of my universities. But I have a plan B, and I’ll try again in a few years
5thchild
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I didn’t unfortunately, not for any of my universities. But I have a plan B, and I’ll try again in a few years
SO sorry to hear that. Did you get any feedback as to why you were unsuccessful?
ak20022
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Did her decline you for paramedic science then
LKFox12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hey if your thinking of going to gloucestershire we’ve started a groupchat on facebook! add me on snapchat (lauren.foxx) and ill send you the link!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (413)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (319)
43.58%

Watched Threads