what's your plan for the next five years? Watch

Pany5689
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
what do you plan on doing/achieving in the next five years?
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Get into university

literally just be happy. don’t care what i’m doing. just my plan is to be super happy!
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I barely know what I'm doing tomorrow.
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Who can plan that far ahead? I haven't even decided what is for dinner tonight.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Finish my law degree
Do the LPC/SQE

Cry over my potential 60 hour work week.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Fullt time gig or a 3 year JRF or equivalent

That's as far as I am looking
Zoqua
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pany5689)
what do you plan on doing/achieving in the next five years?
Do my A levels next academic year (I'm currently in Y12), and preferably get 4 A*s (A levels are Maths, Further Maths, Economics & Physics, I'm also doing an EPQ but I'm not so concerned about that). Then go to university at either LSE or Cambridge (although I'm still deciding which of the two Oxbridge universities I want to apply to so it might be Oxford instead), to study either Economics or Finance, and from then on I'm slightly less sure, maybe I'll do a joint masters degree in Economics & Finance, or maybe I'll just try to go straight on to employment (I'm still trying to figure out exactly what sector I want to go into but probably Investment banking or something similar, so I probably will want a masters degree), but this pretty much covers my plan for the next five years.

Obviously, I am not omnipotent and cannot predict the future and there is a huge amount of things that could change but this is what I've wanted to do roughly since the end of Y10 (but a few changes have been made even since then). So yeah, this is my plan for the next 5 years of my life. How about you OP?
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
get a 1st class
lose weight
get a boyfriend

I dunno, just don't mess up.
Zoqua
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
How can you not plan ahead? I don't know about you but I personally cannot stand leaving things to chance, but maybe I'm just weirdly obsessed with planning things? Obviously, I accept that it's impossible to plan that far ahead accurately (as so many things change, and that is a huge understatement). I suppose it depends on what point you're at in your life?
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoqua)
How can you not plan ahead? I don't know about you but I personally cannot stand leaving things to chance, but maybe I'm just weirdly obsessed with planning things? Obviously, I accept that it's impossible to plan that far ahead accurately (as so many things change, and that is a huge understatement). I suppose it depends on what point you're at in your life?
I just roll with it and see what comes of it, I'm in a relatively stable job.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Fullt time gig or a 3 year JRF or equivalent

That's as far as I am looking
GL, I know it is extremely competitive to get a full time academic pos in the humanities.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
GL, I know it is extremely competitive to get a full time academic pos in the humanities.
It is ridiculous, but i am not easily beat. cheers
holly6901
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Get all A's at A level
get an HR apprenticeship preferably with the civil service
Get a position in HR
Zoqua
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just roll with it and see what comes of it, I'm in a relatively stable job.
That would make sense for your position I suppose. I'm in Y12 at the moment, so I've got a plan pretty much for the next 10 years of my life (although, obviously as I said previously, this is likely to change at least slightly, although I'm pretty certain of my plan for the next 4 years, beyond that is a bit harder though), but I suppose I'm at a point in my life when planning ahead is crucial, whereas you're in quite a good position to 'roll with it'. Good luck
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Home-made pie and chips

And I haven't got a clue, gotta get through tomorrow first haha
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoqua)
That would make sense for your position I suppose. I'm in Y12 at the moment, so I've got a plan pretty much for the next 10 years of my life (although, obviously as I said previously, this is likely to change at least slightly, although I'm pretty certain of my plan for the next 4 years, beyond that is a bit harder though), but I suppose I'm at a point in my life when planning ahead is crucial, whereas you're in quite a good position to 'roll with it'. Good luck
I never had a plan, I had ideas of the kind of things I wanted to be doing but that was it. I took every opportunity that presented itself and just followed it till I wanted a new challenge then did the next thing.
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Home-made pie and chips

And I haven't got a clue, gotta get through tomorrow first haha
Actual pie or stew with a pastry lid?
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Actual pie or stew with a pastry lid?
An actual pie
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Finish my Masters, graduate, get a job in a prison, do my two years supervised practice, register with the HCPC, become a chartered psychologist, probably move house and have babies/get married
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Finish placement
Finish undergrad
Potentially do an MSc
Find a new job
Move house
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (282)
46.77%
No (69)
11.44%
I'm not old enough (252)
41.79%

Watched Threads