JatBains
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
how do I get a*s in gcses?

Im year 10 doing eng lang + lit maths(higher), science ocr triple, geography , Spanish, PE , business studies.

any revision sites or advice for those subjects
going2fail
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JatBains)
how do I get a*s in gcses?

Im year 10 doing eng lang + lit maths(higher), science ocr triple, geography , Spanish, PE , business studies.

any revision sites or advice for those subjects
It is very simple to get an A*, as long as you study your butt off you will reap the rewards. I really recommend this website called ' Seneca'. good look on your GCSE's
corran_gourlay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you work in lessons you won't need to do too much revision outside of school; there is not so much content and the content to know isn't too hard
Rolo1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
SENECA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
js.15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Preparation; the more you do now the less stressed you will feel in May/June Exam season. Also, participating in class, the more you focus and try in school the better you’re initial understanding will be.

For Spanish, use Memrise to help you learn the vocab.
vanessaneilson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm currently in Y11, and I would definitely recommend the following methods since I take some of your options too:
Maths - PAST PAPERS ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND. Do tons of past papers and application questions because those are the ones coming up on your exams!!
Business - I would definitely use Quizlet to memorise definitions and key concepts that you know will be asked on the exam, and for the content itself, I simply just take notes and understand it as I go along! Everything in Business GCSE is interconnected - I've done the majority of the course by now (I do IGCSE Business Edexcel) and once you understand a concept (e.g. motivation of staff), you can apply it to practically any topic to boost your level of understanding.
English lit + lang - past paper questions + looking at the specification!! Look at the indicative content and highlight what the examiners are exactly looking for in your essay, and try writing an essay with the indicative content for each level beside you, then get one of your teachers to mark it. Trust me, seeing what examiners think is a massive help XD
Geography - PAST PAPERS (you can see a trend here XD). I do CIE IGCSE Geography and there are a TON of past papers on their website, so I would just learn the content (mind maps help for the case studies!!) and do tons of practise papers since geography is all about exam technique!!
When I was in Y10, I didn't think that it was true that all the content just clicks when you get into Y11, but it's true! Everything makes a lot more sense, so don't stress, work hard and you'll reap the rewards for your GCSE's XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Do you work while at uni?