Structure of a 12 mark history gcse question Watch

fries123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
how do i structure and write a 12 mark history question???.....example ''which of these 2 factors was the most important reason hitler was able to consolidate power? weimar constitution or the night of the long knives?
Harold Saxon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Paragraph 1: (Agree)
I think that .... was a ....(very/moderately | DO NOT SAY IT ISN'T IMPORTANT) important reason Hitler was able to consolidate power, because.... Insert a reason why
This is because... Insert your own knowledge: precise facts, dates, stats, names, events - anything relevant.
This was important because... Explain why it was important, link to the first statement - how did it help Hitler consolidate power.

Paragraph 2: (The disagree paragraph? So to speak)
Basically... The same, but argue for the other point being important too - just make it seem less important?

Paragraph 3: (Agree)
Same as paragraph 1, argue for the same point but for a different reason - say I argued that the Weimar constitution was the most important reason - and said because it allowed Hitler to wipe out opposition from Rohm for the night of the long knives, then gave precise knowledge on why Rohm was a problem for Hitler - in this paragraph I would argue that it was important because it also took back control of the SA, then giving my knowledge on why the SA had became so unruly and were a deemed a threat by Hitler, giving facts about the SA etc, then explaining why this was a problem and why Hitler dealt with it in order to consolidate power.

In a nutshell, two paragraphs agreeing that one point is the most important, another disagreeing saying the other is important - giving precise historical facts/detail then explaining why it was relevant to Hitler consolidating power.

No conclusion, 12 mark questions require no conclusions.
(Going off what I know from Edexcel History here, which I'm guessing you're doing - and I got a 9)
fries123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Harold Saxon)
Paragraph 1: (Agree)
I think that .... was a ....(very/moderately | DO NOT SAY IT ISN'T IMPORTANT) important reason Hitler was able to consolidate power, because.... Insert a reason why
This is because... Insert your own knowledge: precise facts, dates, stats, names, events - anything relevant.
This was important because... Explain why it was important, link to the first statement - how did it help Hitler consolidate power.

Paragraph 2: (The disagree paragraph? So to speak)
Basically... The same, but argue for the other point being important too - just make it seem less important?

Paragraph 3: (Agree)
Same as paragraph 1, argue for the same point but for a different reason - say I argued that the Weimar constitution was the most important reason - and said because it allowed Hitler to wipe out opposition from Rohm for the night of the long knives, then gave precise knowledge on why Rohm was a problem for Hitler - in this paragraph I would argue that it was important because it also took back control of the SA, then giving my knowledge on why the SA had became so unruly and were a deemed a threat by Hitler, giving facts about the SA etc, then explaining why this was a problem and why Hitler dealt with it in order to consolidate power.

In a nutshell, two paragraphs agreeing that one point is the most important, another disagreeing saying the other is important - giving precise historical facts/detail then explaining why it was relevant to Hitler consolidating power.

No conclusion, 12 mark questions require no conclusions.
(Going off what I know from Edexcel History here, which I'm guessing you're doing - and I got a 9)
thanks so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (145)
45.89%
No (42)
13.29%
I'm not old enough (129)
40.82%

Watched Threads