Applying for foundation year with bad gcses and average Btec grades

Watch
Happy baby00
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Due to me slacking about in yr11 and yr 12 with bad influences and my dumb decisions my grades have been very bad... I don't want to get an apprenticeship and i know that i have academic potential due to me realising this and buckling down this year. However, due to my past decisions, I'm not sure what universities will accept my grades for their foundation year. Can anyone please help me with my situation and tell which universities consider me? If not, can you at least tell me what I can do to improve my situation in order for universities to accept me?These are my grades:
Btec grades: Predicted DMM
Ict : Grade B
English : grade 4
Maths grade: 3 but resiting for june 2020
Everything else at grade 3

TLDR: Grades are bad, I have less than 5 gcses and i want to know if i can be accepted for a universities foundation year with the goal of transferring to a higher ranked one if possible.
Happy baby00
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
BUMP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed