diana2018
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hey guys,

so i was wondering if ucas take non-commonly studied languages a-levels (in my case portuguese) into account for uni applications or not. does anyone know the answer to this?
(also, it would be taken in year 12 - im not sure if that would affect anything)

thanks, d x
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's not up to UCAS, it's up to the university, but usually they're fine with it because even if you're fluent, you still have to put in a fair bit of work because of the film and book study.
catarinafrcs
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by diana2018)
hey guys,

so i was wondering if ucas take non-commonly studied languages a-levels (in my case portuguese) into account for uni applications or not. does anyone know the answer to this?
(also, it would be taken in year 12 - im not sure if that would affect anything)

thanks, d x
I'm also doing A-level Portuguese as my fourth a level. It's up to the university but they usually accept it as it is a qualification just like any other. I would still email them or give them a call to make sure
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In theory it is up to the Uni, so I would always check before applying.

In reality there is increasing pressure for them to be accepted if they’ve been taking in the same sitting as the rest of your qualifications, as it’s prejudice to assume you’re a native speaker just because of the info on your app.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Check with the university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (176)
48.75%
No (44)
12.19%
I'm not old enough (141)
39.06%

Watched Threads