Abrar_9aleh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,
For the UCL foundation program entrance exam for engineer. There are 4 subjects(biology,chemistry,mathematics,physics)
I’m going to enter computer engineer so which two subject am I going to take a test on ? And also biomedical and Aeronautical engineering .What are the two subject for the UCL foundation entrance exam ?
Thank you .
PYC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HiAbrar_9aleh,

I would suggest you to look at the guide linked below.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/languages-inte...ternational-13

There's no degree call computer engineering in UCL, but they're computer science or EEE. CS requires math plus any other module, and the EEE need math and Physics. As for Biomedical Sciences BSc, which requires biology and chemistry, is totally different from your former choice. You might want to rethink which course is ur first choice before making decision on two subjects to take.
Abrar_9aleh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by PYC)
HiAbrar_9aleh,

I would suggest you to look at the guide linked below.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/languages-inte...ternational-13

There's no degree call computer engineering in UCL, but they're computer science or EEE. CS requires math plus any other module, and the EEE need math and Physics. As for Biomedical Sciences BSc, which requires biology and chemistry, is totally different from your former choice. You might want to rethink which course is ur first choice before making decision on two subjects to take.
You see I just want to take foundation year in UCL , then I would like to apply for imperial collage London . In order to get to computer engineering in imperial I need to pass the math test and what other subject cause there isn’t computer engineering in the link you gave me. What EEE😬?
Last edited by Abrar_9aleh; 1 year ago
PYC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I see.
EEE is Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng.

So I checked IC website.

They said to UCL UPCSE programme the standard minimum requirement is 80% or above overall, with 80% in Maths and 80% in Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
I guess math plus any other will be fine. Depends on what subjects u can get best grade.

However, if u don't have any preference on biology, chemistry, or physics, I think it is better u take physics due to Imperial's A level selection.

Category 1:
Maths

Compulsory A-levels Category 2:
Computer Science
Further Mathematics
Physics

Highly-Recommended A-levels Category 3:
Very useful A-levels*

Ancient Language
Biology
Chemistry
Economics
Electronics
English Literature
History
Law
Modern Languages
Philosophy
Politics
Psychology

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/computing...eng-computing/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (13)
14.94%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
19.54%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.39%

Watched Threads