nhs dentists Watch

i'mconcuzled
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I think i need a root canal and I'm under 16 years old do I get the procedure for free or do I have to pay?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah it's free if you're under 18 I believe (defo if you're in full time education or training)... I had a root canal started today and it wasnt as bad as I was expecting- better to go sooner rather than later though!
cheat1234
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes all NHS dental treatment for all under 18 year olds/ under 19 if you're in full time education is free. Whether the dentist offers to do the root canal treatment under the nhs is a different matter
i'mconcuzled
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cheat1234)
Yes all NHS dental treatment for all under 18 year olds/ under 19 if you're in full time education is free. Whether the dentist offers to do the root canal treatment under the nhs is a different matter
well, my dentist said that they can't do it under 18. So I have to wait until I'm 18 to get a root canal. But until then I'm stuck with a filling on my front tooth that comes out every 3 weeks.
DentalIntPrep19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes its free under NHS, check out the banding system too

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...l-band-charge/
Ant_Reese
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by i'mconcuzled)
well, my dentist said that they can't do it under 18. So I have to wait until I'm 18 to get a root canal. But until then I'm stuck with a filling on my front tooth that comes out every 3 weeks.
In some cases the roots of your teeth may still be immature and not fully developed. Because of this your dentist may refer you to another dentist to do the work, but an NHS referral is still possible and should cost you nothing
i'mconcuzled
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by Ant_Reese)
In some cases the roots of your teeth may still be immature and not fully developed. Because of this your dentist may refer you to another dentist to do the work, but an NHS referral is still possible and should cost you nothing
thx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (11)
19.3%
Labour (28)
49.12%
Liberal Democrats (5)
8.77%
Green Party (5)
8.77%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (3)
5.26%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
1.75%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)