dgalla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have a BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Care and Education. I have applied to many Universities in the UK hoping to get into a PGCE Primary Education course. I hoped to a few offers, however, two of my applications have been unsuccessful as I 'did not meet the requirements for Mathematics' (which is a grade C. I got a C2 in Ordinary level Maths in my Leaving Cert in 2013. Does this mean all my applications will be successful? If so, what are my options? Thanks in advance
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You need to meet the maths and English gcse/Level 2 requirements for teaching. If you don’t then talk to some local FE colleges to get the right qualifications.
dgalla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For anyone else in this situation, the requirements for getting into PGCE Primary Education is as follows Minimum requirement in Mathematics: National 5 Maths or National 5 Application of Maths/Lifeskills Maths at Grade C = Irish Leaving Certificate Ordinary Mathematics at Grade B3 / O3Scottish Higher English at grade C – SCQF level 6 = Irish Leaving Certificate Higher English at Grade C3 / H4
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (621)
33.71%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.07%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.76%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads