Anonymous_guy011
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Just want to know how the imperial interview system works. I applied in October and still Havnt heard back so does this mean I’m probably going to get rejected?
rani.a
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i think it depends on which course you applied for. an explanation of that department's admissions process should be on their website. don't worry too much, if your course needs an interview im sure you'll get an invite for one soon!
EleaGR
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Which course? What are your predicted grades?

In general, Imperial is known to take their time when processing applications and sending out interview invitations or offers, but that certainly depends on the course and the applicant's predictions/ stats/ps/reference etc
Last edited by EleaGR; 2 weeks ago
Med3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Back when i was applying to medicine they sent me an interview invite on December 6th so i would just give it time
Anonymous_guy011
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by EleaGR)
Which course? What are your predicted grades?

In general, Imperial is known to take their time when processing applications and sending out interview invitations or offers, but that certainly depends on the course and the applicant's predictions/ stats/ps/reference etc
For mechanical engineering and predicted is A*s in Maths, Further maths and Physics
EleaGR
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous_guy011)
For mechanical engineering and predicted is A*s in Maths, Further maths and Physics
Well, you seem to have excellent predictions and the right subject combination. It is definitely a very competitive course you have applied to and if your reference and personal statement are strong, I believe you should get your invitation pretty soon.

Hang in there! Imperial works in mysterious ways! 😉🍀🤞🤞🤞
MetricHarmony28
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I know this is the imperial thread, but you mind telling me where else you applied.

You think there's any chance of someone who doesn't do physics to get into mechanical engineering.

Planning on applying to unis that don't have physics as a required subject.
Anonymous_guy011
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by MetricHarmony28)
I know this is the imperial thread, but you mind telling me where else you applied.

You think there's any chance of someone who doesn't do physics to get into mechanical engineering.

Planning on applying to unis that don't have physics as a required subject.
All of my places require physics and I do think that most mechanical engineering courses will require that too. Maybe look around or check out foundation courses? If not I recommend you do pick it up as an AS or change on if your subjects now for it.
EleaGR
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Just want to know how the imperial interview system works. I applied in October and still Havnt heard back so does this mean I’m probably going to get rejected?
Hey! Any news?
drAtodaB
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Med3)
Back when i was applying to medicine they sent me an interview invite on December 6th so i would just give it time
what were ur stats bro
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It doesn't mean anything. Imperial are much slower to reply than other unis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (198)
18.61%
Labour (550)
51.69%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.53%
Green Party (59)
5.55%
Brexit Party (15)
1.41%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.6%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)