The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements

I am applying for courses with A*AA (well D1,D3,A as I do two PreUs), for physics. Am I likely to be accepted into courses with the same entry requirements given that I go to a private school?
Original post by robertmorey
I am applying for courses with A*AA (well D1,D3,A as I do two PreUs), for physics. Am I likely to be accepted into courses with the same entry requirements given that I go to a private school?

As long as you have the entry grades youll be considered. The main part of being accepted isnt your grades, its your personal statement, reference etc. If you you meet the requirements you have a good chance :smile:
Reply 2
Hi there

Those are some great grades! Certain unis such as Oxbridge may view it slightly different given that those grades are from a private school but then again it's different for different private schools.

But the MAIN message is that as long as you make the grades and put a competitive application meaning a strong personal statement and a strong reference, you should be at no disadvantage- many unis will also have interviews for you to further show your capabilites to them!

Don't worry about it.

Best of luck!
Reply 3
Original post by rachel_jayne_x
As long as you have the entry grades youll be considered. The main part of being accepted isnt your grades, its your personal statement, reference etc. If you you meet the requirements you have a good chance :smile:

Thank you!!! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Apad121
Hi there

Those are some great grades! Certain unis such as Oxbridge may view it slightly different given that those grades are from a private school but then again it's different for different private schools.

But the MAIN message is that as long as you make the grades and put a competitive application meaning a strong personal statement and a strong reference, you should be at no disadvantage- many unis will also have interviews for you to further show your capabilites to them!

Don't worry about it.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much!!!
Original post by robertmorey
Thank you!!! :smile:

Youre welcome!! Best of luck, youve got great grades so im sure youll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest