Men’s perfume wears off after 30 mins

Watch
G_Singh145
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys so I have recently started wear Dior sauvage and it literally wears off in like 30 mins. People say that this lasts all day and i’ve tried applying it in different places. Currently i’m doing 2 sprays on either side of the neck, 1 on my clothes and 1 on my wrists. But it jus my wears off me quick and I can’t smell it after 30 mins. I have also asked other people and they can’t smell it too.

Is there something I should know when applying this and why is it wearing off me so quick. Any ideas?
username2647239
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
you're spraying it on the right places (pulse areas)
try applying it right after a shower.

Eau de toilette usually lasts much shorter compared to eau de parfum
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Try Bleu De Chanel or Bulgari Tygar. The smell lasts for ages. Or just spray half the bottle on and the smell should stay
username4899996
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
As mentioned above, use eau de parfum. One tip is put some Vaseline on your pulse points, then apply the fragrance. The fragrance attaches onto the vaseline and lasts a lot longer
username4449276
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by G_Singh145)
Hi guys so I have recently started wear Dior sauvage and it literally wears off in like 30 mins. People say that this lasts all day and i’ve tried applying it in different places. Currently i’m doing 2 sprays on either side of the neck, 1 on my clothes and 1 on my wrists. But it jus my wears off me quick and I can’t smell it after 30 mins. I have also asked other people and they can’t smell it too.

Is there something I should know when applying this and why is it wearing off me so quick. Any ideas?
I swear it is the same for me. Every aftershave I have from Calvin Klein to Tommy hilfigur etc last for about 20 mins and I just cba always spraying myself, but somehow girls perfume is a constant smell and I am just like how are they drowning themselves in it
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Dior Sausage?
WaffleApple
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Dior Sauvage EDT is my daily use aftershave. When I spray it on I can smell it for like 30 seconds then its gone... But people still comment on the scent 5 hours later. I just can't smell it. This stuff can cause nose blindness really quick. Maybe your friends and you are simply blind to the fragrance? In literal sense.

I put 2 sprays on my clothes, 2 under my chin and one on the back of my neck.
G_Singh145
Rep:
(Original post by WaffleApple)
Dior Sauvage EDT is my daily use aftershave. When I spray it on I can smell it for like 30 seconds then its gone... But people still comment on the scent 5 hours later. I just can't smell it. This stuff can cause nose blindness really quick. Maybe your friends and you are simply blind to the fragrance? In literal sense.

I put 2 sprays on my clothes, 2 under my chin and one on the back of my neck.
Iv asked some friends who I don’t really see much and they can’t smell it
G_Singh145
Rep:
(Original post by unaManzana)
you're spraying it on the right places (pulse areas)
try applying it right after a shower.

Eau de toilette usually lasts much shorter compared to eau de parfum
Yeah it’s a Eau de Parfum and iv seen a few youtube video on pulse areas which I spray it on and still can’t really smell it. But I haven’t tried spraying it after a shower, I now just wait before I go out due to the smell going away quick
G_Singh145
Rep:
(Original post by DJWatson)
As mentioned above, use eau de parfum. One tip is put some Vaseline on your pulse points, then apply the fragrance. The fragrance attaches onto the vaseline and lasts a lot longer
Never thought about that, i’ll give it a go
WaffleApple
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by G_Singh145)
Iv asked some friends who I don’t really see much and they can’t smell it
Have you tried spraying it on your clothes instead?

I hear some skin types don't work well with aftershave. As in it doesn't last half as long as it should.
10oba-abbad
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OR321)
Try Bleu De Chanel or Bulgari Tygar. The smell lasts for ages. Or just spray half the bottle on and the smell should stay
Bleu De Chanel is great value for money. The stuff legit lasts sooooo long, in fact it hits this sweet spot where it becomes even nicer if u leave it in ur clothes for a couple hours.
G_Singh145
Rep:
(Original post by WaffleApple)
Have you tried spraying it on your clothes instead?

I hear some skin types don't work well with aftershave. As in it doesn't last half as long as it should.
Yeah it’s normally last longest when I put it on my clothes
gtsuper1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
hahahahaha dummy. I was at a garbage facility or something once and it stank but in 10 minutes my nose got used to it so that means if you smell something constantly your nose gets used to it. For example your body odor. Then natrually the same thing will happen to perfume.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (19)
8.6%
Okay (65)
29.41%
A bit lacking (83)
37.56%
Not good at all (54)
24.43%

Watched Threads