35.29%
Jeremy Corbyn (11)
64.71%
JMR2019.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
For all those who watched the ITV debate tonight. What did you think? Most memorable moments, and which leader do you think performed best on the most important issues to you?
hunchoM
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah Corbyn won for sure. It was funny when Boris said he’d give Corbyn his brexit deal book for Christmas lol
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Corbyn, but i hesitate to use the word 'won' as they were both offensively bad.
ColinDent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They both lost, Mr Corbyn needs to come out with his position on brexit and stop sitting on the fence and Mr Johnson needs to come up with some policies alongside brexit.
But for the purpose of the upcoming election then the "debate" will have lost more votes for Labour in my opinion as they do not appear to have a coherent position on whether they would support their renegotiated deal or not, that will not go down well in their northern heartlands or for those that wish to remain.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JMR2019.)
For all those who watched the ITV debate tonight. What did you think? Most memorable moments, and which leader do you think performed best on the most important issues to you?
You are missing a third option.

I'd give it to nobody, Corbyn had the upper hand on NHS and social issues. Johnson had the upper hand on brexit and everything else, both men tried to keep to their strengths, Brexit johnson, NHS Corby, which is exactly what every informed person knew they would do.

Labour have social policies sown up but are clueless on brexit, they are acting machiavellian to ultimately remain but they need to con leave voters into thinking they are a brexit party.

Tories are sounder on brexit and wish and comfortable with delivering it, on the revised withdrawal agreement. But are dressing up in neoliberal like policies, in order to con left of centre voters that they care about social services.

The program was awful as well, they should of been allowed to speak more and the audience should not of been there.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Both absolutely dreadful. Boris looks like a caricature of himself and Jezza looks like an extra from Last of the Summer wine. It's utterly embarrassing. We've gone a long way down since the days of Blair and Cameron.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Both absolutely dreadful. Boris looks like a caricature of himself and Jezza looks like an extra from Last of the Summer wine. It's utterly embarrassing. We've gone a long way down since the days of Blair and Cameron.
Blair and cameron are you serious?
Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Boris would not shut up, and he wouldn't stray away from Brexit even when faced with the question deliberately labelled non-political :facepalm:
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
There should be a third option, "neither". They were both atrocious.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Only winner was Jo Swinson.
By her (involuntary) lack of participation.
I doubt she'll do much to capitalise upon the advantage though.
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Both were very luke warm. Corbyn's irritating wonky glasses was the only thing that really stood out in the debate.

Boris Johnson promises a very unappealing Brexit deal, more austerity and even more suffering for the not-so-rich.

Jeremy Corbyn promises more Brexit delay, leading to another unappealing Brexit deal or another referendum. He will also bankrupt the country through insane mass spending (£100bn to nationalise Openreach? Is that really necessary?)

I suppose Johnson won the debate scoring 0.4/10
Corbyn scored a solid 0.2/10, although it would have been a 0.3 if he'd had the good sense to leave those glasses off.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Boris steamrollered Tragic Grandpa.

we don't really need a Stalinist in charge of our country thanks
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
Boris steamrollered Tragic Grandpa.

we don't really need a Stalinist in charge of our country thanks
Are you saying what you want to happen or what you think did?
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The winners were likely the utility companies- the surge on the National Grid during the programme from all the tea and coffee drinkers giving up and heading for the kitchen must have been massive. The alternative winners may have been the ratings on all other programmes shown during the time slot.

After all that, and given what they both managed to demonstrate regarding their respective abilities, I really felt that someone akin to Yosser Hughes, telling us he could do that ,would have been a better, and more palatable, choice.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Blair and cameron are you serious?
I completely am, think of some of the big hitters we’ve had in the past. These two make Gordon Brown look like a decent PM.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
I completely am, think of some of the big hitters we’ve had in the past. These two make Gordon Brown look like a decent PM.
Cameron abd his party is the sole reason for this entire brexit mess and Blair's education policy is the reason for the current industrial mess in education, not to mention the war!!!

Big hitters, oh yea... ones we can do without.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (312)
46.22%
No (75)
11.11%
I'm not old enough (288)
42.67%

Watched Threads