How do i know what to take notes at on the a level bio textbook aqa

Watch this thread
Azimbrook1
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so I would use the spec, but it's very vauge so I'm not sure how 'in depth' I need to know something.
And it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to memorise all the content in the textbook
Nameless Jeff
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
treat the spec as a checklist tick every bit you have done. And its not impossible to memorise the whole text book, im on y2 of bio alevel and ive gone over everything so many times that im confident enough to say that i can recall information to a very high degree of accuracy. Yes specs tend to be vague but that just means that you set your own boundaries depending on what grade you want.
Azimbrook1
Rep:
(Original post by Nameless Jeff)
treat the spec as a checklist tick every bit you have done. And its not impossible to memorise the whole text book, im on y2 of bio alevel and ive gone over everything so many times that im confident enough to say that i can recall information to a very high degree of accuracy. Yes specs tend to be vague but that just means that you set your own boundaries depending on what grade you want.
after class did you make your own personal notes or did you jump straight into memorisation?
Azimbrook1
Rep:
I feel like I spend way too much time making notes
Azimbrook1
Rep:
al

also. should I make my notes based off of https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...n/a-level-aqa/ ?
or is it too vauge?
Nameless Jeff
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
questions are really good, as long ss you actually understand from marking it where you went wrong and how to make it better, they cant keep making up different qs each year some will have to sound extremely similar to ones from past papers.
i got an A at the end of y1. i revise little and often by making my own notes on what we learned jn lesson and what we learned in previous lessons. bever only use one source of information always look at websites for info and text books from other specs because if you want to get top grades you have to show that you can go beyond the spec *literally*.
i dont sleep much the night before and exam because i spend the night summarising my own notes then memorising things that i tend to struggle with which i have already been doing on flsh cards since the beginning of the year.
you have to find what works for you, by all means try out my techniques if they dont work come up with something exotic or just stick to tge regular methods of copying out the text books onto sheets of paper
Nameless Jeff
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
i didnt have time to read over it for any mistakes, sorry if there are any
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (39)
32.77%
The paper was reasonable (48)
40.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (20)
16.81%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
10.08%

Watched Threads