Boris is a good politician than Jeremy Corbyn Watch

Neurocandid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am no conservative nor labour. In fact if I would vote, I wold vote for labour with their policies I.e low tuition and fairer opportunities across the country

But somehow whenever Jeremy Corbyn speaks I can sense he’s such a good guy but no good politician

Anyone thinks the same?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Corbyn has a lot more experience as a campaigner and trade unionist than as a high profile politician.
More cause orientated than focused on personal power or likeability.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What is the definition of a good politician? To be fair, Corbyn has successfully ousted all moderates in his party and sent it back to the 1970s. It wouldn't surprise me if they all call each other comrade. That takes some doing.

In contrast Boris stepped in at an opportunist moment and in the short time he's been PM he lost 22 MPs and every vote in parliament apart from the one to call an election.

Both are dismal efforts but on politics front I would say Corbyn has achieved more.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As above, it really depends on what you define as "a good politician". Moreover it really depends on how you define "good"; if you define it in terms of e.g. being efficient or effective at the job of politicking (for the sake of politicking), vs being "morally good". Following the former case, if you define a good politician as a glib populist then yes Boris Johnson might well be considered a better politician than Jeremy Corbyn.

I would contend a "good politician" is one who moves to implement policy and pass legislation which lead to a betterment of the lives of the subjects of the state - especially those who are the least among us, regardless of personal cost. Someone who hoodwinks the electorate to the end of elevating themselves into a quasi-aristocracy is not someone I would consider a good politician (or a good person, a criteria I believe should be a prerequisite to be considered a good politician, which clearly reveals my opinions on how "good" should be defined in this case as above).
Last edited by artful_lounger; 3 weeks ago
Neurocandid
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
What is the definition of a good politician? To be fair, Corbyn has successfully ousted all moderates in his party and sent it back to the 1970s. It wouldn't surprise me if they all call each other comrade. That takes some doing.

In contrast Boris stepped in at an opportunist moment and in the short time he's been PM he lost 22 MPs and every vote in parliament apart from the one to call an election.

Both are dismal efforts but on politics front I would say Corbyn has achieved more.
In my opinion, I see Boris as passionate and convincing unlike Corbyn
Neurocandid
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
As above, it really depends on what you define as "a good politician". Moreover it really depends on how you define "good"; if you define it in terms of e.g. being efficient or effective at the job of politicking (for the sake of politicking), vs being "morally good". Following the former case, if you define a good politician as a glib populist then yes Boris Johnson might well be considered a better politician than Jeremy Corbyn.

I would content a "good politician" is one who moves to implement policy and pass legislation which lead to a betterment of the lives of the subjects of the state - especially those who are the least among us, regardless of personal cost. Someone who hoodwinks the electorate to the end of elevating themselves into a quasi-aristocracy is not someone I would consider a good politician (or a good person, a criteria I believe should be a prerequisite to be considered a good politician, which clearly reveals my opinions on how "good" should be defined in this case as above).
Watching the debate last night! I felt like Boris is patriotic about this country. He seems to be one who would fight and go beyond for this country. I could be wrong but it’s just what I feel about him
Neurocandid
Rep:
?
(Original post by qwe999)
corbyn is a terrorist sympathising commie cu/nt.
Lol he doesn’t seem a bad guy though! I just think during break or make situations he would hardly stand up for what he believes in
Neurocandid
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Corbyn has a lot more experience as a campaigner and trade unionist than as a high profile politician.
More cause orientated than focused on personal power or likeability.
But does this experience help him in anyway though? Also I read how some called him to step down prior the election
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Neurocandid)
I am no conservative nor labour. In fact if I would vote, I wold vote for labour with their policies I.e low tuition and fairer opportunities across the country

But somehow whenever Jeremy Corbyn speaks I can sense he’s such a good guy but no good politician

Anyone thinks the same?
You could do with some of Labour's policies on education.
Neurocandid
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Lol legit! Need that student debt written off
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Watching the debate last night! I felt like Boris is patriotic about this country. He seems to be one who would fight and go beyond for this country. I could be wrong but it’s just what I feel about him
It's not hard to spout jingoistic rhetoric, nor does doing so suggest any actual patriotism. Populists can and will use such tactics for personal gain with impunity (and apparently, ease).

Also, the question remains whether he is patriotic to the state as it exists now both the good and bad, and the realities of everyone within it - which includes a significant proportion of those who would otherwise be deemed as a "minority" - or to some past period of existence of the state, or a hypothetical concept of the state which is in no way possible or plausible in practice currently (or potentially ever).
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)

Johnson has done the same thing but had set the Conservatives back to the 1960s and 1970s with a dash of Thatcherism
username5046740
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lmao you think they are going to magically cut tuition fees down? :yawn:
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you prefer that current system right now? Also, do you prefer the US healthcare model too?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lol legit! Need that student debt written off
Think you missed the jibe...

What makes you think that?
MagnusJaques
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anything is better than Senor Johnson
Neurocandid
Rep:
?
Think you missed the jibe...

What makes you think that?
Lol ah ah I get you. The magic tree
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
But does this experience help him in anyway though? Also I read how some called him to step down prior the election
Yes.

Corbyn has an efficient & highly trusted campaign network behind him and knows the main issues that his core support base prioritise- like George Galloway did.
He also has good insight into the everyday concerns of many Londoners in full time employment regarding rising costs of living, affordable rents/housing concerns and the growing anger over the constant price increases plus poor service of the utility companies.

I don't support him and would never vote Labour.
But I don't underestimate the number of voters seduced by his smooth rhetoric, utopian visions and slick campaigning teams.
ساره
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't agree with the statement in the title.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In my opinion, I see Boris as passionate and convincing unlike Corbyn
He is a classic Oxbridge blusterer who uses big words to cover up a lack of substance. You have fallen for his charm. That is all he has.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (358)
45.49%
No (84)
10.67%
I'm not old enough (345)
43.84%

Watched Threads