Zakydoodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
To apply to the 6th form I want to go to, they suggested to attach a Person Statement, about extracurricular activities & things i like doing, and why I have chosen, the subjects i want to do. Does anyone have any advice on how to start it? And what to include?
Thanks
SiennaRose_03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So, when I was applying for Sixth Form College this time last year, I had to do the same. Generally, it should be no more than a side, they don't want an essay, and so it is important that you are concise. An intro is not necessary, you can start abruptly. You want to mention some of your key qualities and give examples of where you have demonstrated these qualities; link this back to your subjects. Mention hobbies you have that relate to your future ambitions and specific things you like to do in your spare time that might be offered at the college, for example, in my personal statement I specifically mentioned that I had a profound interest in East Asian culture and loved to play tennis because I knew that the college offered Japanese and Chinese classes as an enrichment and because there was a tennis team. The reason a sixth form asks for a personal statement is because they absolutely adore it when you are part of the school community; they want very bright and keen students who have the ability to keep a balance in their life and love it when you can demonstrate skills in multiple fields. I will link my statement from last year just to get a good idea; I currently am in year 12 and go to a very good college with a strong reputation and some of the best results in the country, so I hope this will prove useful, especially if the sixth form you're looking into has a strong reputation like mine does.
Attached files
Zakydoodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Wow okay! Thank you so much for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
18.71%
Labour (553)
51.73%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.47%
Green Party (59)
5.52%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)