Do universities look at the Japanese language proficiency test? Watch

TGS1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
At gcse I missed out on doing a language and I was wondering if the JLPT would be able to fix that missing spot in my cv. I would do n4 but I would like to know if it holds the same esteem as a language gcse. PS I don’t plan on doing anything Japanese related later in life but I am interested in the language and culture
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TGS1)
At gcse I missed out on doing a language and I was wondering if the JLPT would be able to fix that missing spot in my cv. I would do n4 but I would like to know if it holds the same esteem as a language gcse. PS I don’t plan on doing anything Japanese related later in life but I am interested in the language and culture
It really depends what you are applying for and whether a language is important for that subject. Language GCSE doesn't really hold a great amount of esteem.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TGS1)
Hey, :shakehand:

It would be best to check with the course/university you are looking at applying to.

If they require a subject to of been studied then it may best to check to see if they accept the JLPT.

If you are just looking to boost your CV/application then I believe it will really stand out and show your dedication and a interesting hobby.

Tom:top2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (81)
19.38%
Labour (204)
48.8%
Liberal Democrats (57)
13.64%
Green Party (26)
6.22%
Brexit Party (5)
1.2%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.72%
SNP (8)
1.91%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.72%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.44%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)