MonkeyChunks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Name:  climate change BS.png
Views: 21
Size:  22.7 KB

When I say 'climate change belief' I mean it in it's religious sense, the sense that there is some pending catastrophe that we must sacrifice something to, normally our industry, our way of life. A hair shirt of self punishment we must put on, that kind of thing. I do not mean the basic science 'man makes CO2, CO2 is a GH gas, CO2 causes warming'. No one is arguing with that.

So, in the graph I have plotted various professions against IQ, and it is clear that the likes of Extinction Rebellion fall very neatly into the ellipse. They are predominantly middle class, well educated and intelligent, but on quite low incomes.

When you factor in that their solution to Climate Change is the destruction of capitalism (actually a natural force, like Darwinism: You might not like it, but you cant change it.), it is clear that much of their motivation is envy. Envy of their peers who took the same education as they had, but made money and a successful career out of it.

Whereas ER are composed of failed geneticists who take LSD, failed organic farmers, etc and are literally green with envy!

Notice too how close they are to the 'mentally ill' group.
Last edited by MonkeyChunks; 3 months ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Makes a change from antisemitism.

Thanks
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Farmers have one of the highest suicide rates of any modern profession, why are they so low on the mental health scale?
confuzzledteen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Engineers @ bankers don’t earn more than doctors?
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oh
MonkeyChunks
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Farmers have one of the highest suicide rates of any modern profession, why are they so low on the mental health scale?
I think it is because they are very macho, and dont talk about their problems.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MonkeyChunks)
I think it is because they are very macho, and dont talk about their problems.
It is in part due to the isolation of their work and the financial implications, they exist in a constant cycle of debt outside of their seasonal income. A bad year can lead to ruin.
Em.-.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
Engineers @ bankers don’t earn more than doctors?
I’d expect many bankers do. Some engineers can earn a lot too, it simply depends on their job and type of engineering. As with doctors it depends on their exact job, experience and exact field.
Em.-.
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
many of the high earners probably actually do believe in it, but would rather say they don’t to encourage others to feel like that as they don’t really care and would rather the environment be damaged than damage their financial status.
MonkeyChunks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emiluu)
many of the high earners probably actually do believe in it, but would rather say they don’t to encourage others to feel like that as they don’t really care and would rather the environment be damaged than damage their financial status.
That is a very warped viewpoint.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What's the source for that image? I note you've captioned it as bs...
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For someone so cerain about climate change and can present all manner of evidence to back up his claims, I am surprised you have present IQ as something meaningful.

IQ is bobbins. Like any form of intelligence or personality test it can be trained for. And if a single person were to take such tests repeatedly, they get different outcomes and results suggesting that either their intelligence ebbs and flows or maybe there is no such thing as a quantifiable intelligence value. Either way, IQ isn't meaningful in your argument wharsoever. I'm suprised in you!
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This entire graph is nothing but generalisations though. Where did you get this information from?
MonkeyChunks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
What's the source for that image? I note you've captioned it as bs...
I made it myself. OK, thw wages arent exact, heck, I didnt even put a scale on the left, so it is more a qualitative than quantitative graph, but I think it shows a point.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I made it myself. OK, thw wages arent exact, heck, I didnt even put a scale on the left, so it is more a qualitative than quantitative graph, but I think it shows a point.
****ing tool.

It shows the point you want to make, because you're a moron.
MonkeyChunks
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
For someone so cerain about climate change and can present all manner of evidence to back up his claims, I am surprised you have present IQ as something meaningful.

IQ is bobbins. Like any form of intelligence or personality test it can be trained for. And if a single person were to take such tests repeatedly, they get different outcomes and results suggesting that either their intelligence ebbs and flows or maybe there is no such thing as a quantifiable intelligence value. Either way, IQ isn't meaningful in your argument wharsoever. I'm suprised in you!
Well, it might not be a perfect metric, but it is what we have.
MonkeyChunks
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
This entire graph is nothing but generalisations though. Where did you get this information from?
Well, are not the earnings to career fairly accurate?

Is not the IQ to career also fairly accurate? I dont want to call farmers thick, but they certainly arent top shelf are they.

But it is true that support for climate change comes from that portion of the graph. Just look at who is prepared to prtotest about it, students, Extinction Rebellion, crusties, etc, all from that group.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Well, it might not be a perfect metric, but it is what we have.
When you make it up it's a complete figment of your imagination, has zero credibility and makes you look both stupid and pathetic.
Last edited by Drewski; 3 months ago
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Well, are not the earnings to career fairly accurate?

Is not the IQ to career also fairly accurate? I dont want to call farmers thick, but they certainly arent top shelf are they.

But it is true that support for climate change comes from that portion of the graph. Just look at who is prepared to prtotest about it, students, Extinction Rebellion, crusties, etc, all from that group.
Stop trolling. This is clearly an attempt to be offensive. Climate change is a fact, and something that must be addressed to prevent more misery for billions of people.
BasicMistake
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This might be the worst attempt at trying to look credible I have ever seen.

Literally no data whatsoever. "It is more of a qualitative graph than a quantitative graph".

The only way this could be worse is if you used free hand drawing in Paint.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (366)
58.84%
Yes- I don't like it (34)
5.47%
No- I want it (177)
28.46%
No- I don't want it (45)
7.23%

Watched Threads