The Student Room Group

helpppp!!!!

My stimulus is 'Oh You Pretty Thing!' by David Bowie and I'm in a group of 3. We are really struggling to come up with an idea for our GCSE drama. We have to use frantic assembly for the movement. If anyone could help please do !!
We just did our drama C1 exam, so I'll try and help out as much as I can.
I've just taken a look at the lyrics and I've already noticed that you could tell a good two or three stories from that.
When it says
"All the nightmares came today
And it looks as though they're here to stay"
I guess you could make this person (probably a teen) struggle with a mental illness, such as anxiety, or even someone who is schizophrenic, and show how it impacts their life.
Then you could use a transition, such as breaking the fourth wall and talking to the audience whilst the other two are frozen, and start talking about how you're not the only one struggling (this could be perfect for a monologue).
When you've done that, turn one of the other guys round and have them start speaking. The lines
"Written in pain, written in awe
By a puzzled man who questioned
What we were here for"

could move to another character who's slightly older and angry with his life. You could use chair duets to show the complications in his life.
You could also use phrases from the stimuli to make these changes more evident.

Hope this helps,
- p
Reply 2
Original post by patriciaw19
We just did our drama C1 exam, so I'll try and help out as much as I can.
I've just taken a look at the lyrics and I've already noticed that you could tell a good two or three stories from that.
When it says
"All the nightmares came today
And it looks as though they're here to stay"
I guess you could make this person (probably a teen) struggle with a mental illness, such as anxiety, or even someone who is schizophrenic, and show how it impacts their life.
Then you could use a transition, such as breaking the fourth wall and talking to the audience whilst the other two are frozen, and start talking about how you're not the only one struggling (this could be perfect for a monologue).
When you've done that, turn one of the other guys round and have them start speaking. The lines
"Written in pain, written in awe
By a puzzled man who questioned
What we were here for"

could move to another character who's slightly older and angry with his life. You could use chair duets to show the complications in his life.
You could also use phrases from the stimuli to make these changes more evident.

Hope this helps,
- p

Thank you so much this was so helpful!!
Original post by lendenh
Thank you so much this was so helpful!!

it's okay! let me know how it goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest