The Student Room Group

Offers

Daughter attended an interview at University of Surrey on Saturday 16 November to study Veterinary Science 5 year course. They said they would let her know by Monday or Tuesday, we are all going frantic, has anyone heard whats going on? why do they do this?
Original post by Mrs Rich
Daughter attended an interview at University of Surrey on Saturday 16 November to study Veterinary Science 5 year course. They said they would let her know by Monday or Tuesday, we are all going frantic, has anyone heard whats going on? why do they do this?

Hi @Mrs Rich

I will tag @University of Surrey in this post so that you can get some information.

If it helps put your mind at ease you could always ring the university to see why there are delays.

Dom :h:

Hi there, sorry that you've not heard anything yet! If you contact our Admissions team on 01483 68 2222 or [email protected], they should be able to help you out.

All the best,

George
My daughter also attended on 16th Nov. Her understanding was that only the candidates with a definite offer or rejection would know early the following week, all others would be put on hold potentially up until march when all the interviews were done.
As above, it may not be a straight Yes or No.
Most applicants will be put on Hold until all interviews have been completed and offers will be made to the remaining highest ranking applicants.

(PS. Applicants, like all teens, often only hear half the message and/or mis-remember what they have been told. So, bear in mind that it may not be the Uni that is at fault....)
Reply 5
Thanks all, she got a conditional offer this afternoon, panic over! She’s also got an interview at Nottingham for a couple of weeks time
Thanks all, she got a conditional offer this afternoon, panic over! She’s also got an interview at Nottingham for a couple of weeks time

Phew! My daughter also got an offer last week! Stressful time for us mums :smile:
hope nottingham went well. just waiting one more for my daughter then we know for sure which one she wants to go for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending