The Student Room Group

Where should my orthodontist be during uni?

Hi,
This is a bit of a specific question! I recently got braces and by the time I start uni next year I will still need them for another 6-12 months.
When I go to uni, my mum (who I live with now and will be living with when I’m not at uni) is going to be moving away from where my orthodontist now is, so basically I’ll never be in that area. As far as I’m aware it’s possible to change which practice you go to as they can transfer records but I just wondered if anyone had any idea whether I should pick a practice somewhere near where my mum’s moving or my uni, since in previous experience almost all appointments are at quite awkward weekday times. Again I know this is very specific but if anyone has any advice it would be really appreciated!
Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by acousticewe
Hi,
This is a bit of a specific question! I recently got braces and by the time I start uni next year I will still need them for another 6-12 months.
When I go to uni, my mum (who I live with now and will be living with when I’m not at uni) is going to be moving away from where my orthodontist now is, so basically I’ll never be in that area. As far as I’m aware it’s possible to change which practice you go to as they can transfer records but I just wondered if anyone had any idea whether I should pick a practice somewhere near where my mum’s moving or my uni, since in previous experience almost all appointments are at quite awkward weekday times. Again I know this is very specific but if anyone has any advice it would be really appreciated!
Thanks

I would say go to an orthodontist near your university accommodation. That way you can make appointments that land during the week, and can also pop in if you have an emergency. As you're at university for the majority of the year, it makes sense to pick an orthodontist in that area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending