The Student Room Group

Could i teach myself a levels?

Long story short, I left school after my GCSES and have just worked.
Now that everyone I went to school with has gone to university this year, I really wish I had done my a levels.

It’s too late for me to go to college without paying and I don’t have the money to pay or the money to take online classes.

My question is, could I work my ass off at home everyday and take my a level exams this year? Preferably id like the take a level 3 in something however I’m not really sure there’s enough material for that out there for me to teach myself?

I know how difficult a levels are and how it’s going to be extremely hard for my to teach myself. Is there any way I could go about this? Has anyone done something like this?
Reply 1
What subjects are you thinking about?

You may struggle to learn all of the content for the alevels for this year's exam series - they're only 6 months away! However, there is a possibility that you would be able to learn them for the 2021 exam series.

In terms of being at a college for them, they generally only recieve funding for students up to the age of 19 and therefore you may be asked to pay for or contribute towards (they may not ask for the full amount) this cost if you decide you want to study there.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest