Antisemitism: Tory says British Jews return from Israel as ‘brainwashed extremists’ Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
The Tory MP candidate has apologised for the comments, made in a speech to the European parliament while he was a UKIP MEP in 2014.

He is a candidate for Leeds North East where there is a large Jewish community.

In a European parliament debate on Gaza in 2014, the Tory MP candidate said: “As far as brainwashing by the rabbis and the politicians are concerned – I can testify to that.

“Young men are going over from England where I come from – people of the Jewish faith who my grandchildren have grown up with as decent young men.

“But have come back as extremists – as people that are brainwashed. They will not listen to reason. There is something very peculiar and wrong going on in Israel.”

The Tory MP candidate apologised this week for the comments and said he intends to meet local Jewish groups and travel to Israel "to gain direct experience from the situation on the ground there".

Yesterday the Tories also suspended Ryan Houghton, the Conservative candidate for Aberdeen North, after it emerged he had suggested some elements of the Holocaust were "fabricated".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-brit-20921228
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Could be worse

Could be carted off to "re-education camps" that are actually little more than quasi-concentration camps.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Poorly phrased but not entirely wrong. Then again its hardly a condition that unique to people being sent off to Israel. Although especially the ones who then go on to serve in the Israeli "defence force" being prime candidates for coming back extremists, zealots or in some cases spies.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
The Tory MP candidate has apologised for the comments, made in a speech to the European parliament while he was a UKIP MEP in 2014.

He is a candidate for Leeds North East where there is a large Jewish community.

In a European parliament debate on Gaza in 2014, the Tory MP candidate said: “As far as brainwashing by the rabbis and the politicians are concerned – I can testify to that.

“Young men are going over from England where I come from – people of the Jewish faith who my grandchildren have grown up with as decent young men.

“But have come back as extremists – as people that are brainwashed. They will not listen to reason. There is something very peculiar and wrong going on in Israel.”

The Tory MP candidate apologised this week for the comments and said he intends to meet local Jewish groups and travel to Israel "to gain direct experience from the situation on the ground there".

Yesterday the Tories also suspended Ryan Houghton, the Conservative candidate for Aberdeen North, after it emerged he had suggested some elements of the Holocaust were "fabricated".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-brit-20921228
Glad theyve been caught at this stage and will hopefully be removed as a candidate, discrimination based on religion is not ok...

Feel bad for Jews being discrimination but also peoples like Muslims being rounded up in Xinjiang
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Could be worse

Could be carted off to "re-education camps" that are actually little more than quasi-concentration camps.
What has this got to do with Guantanamo Bay?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (94)
19.3%
Labour (240)
49.28%
Liberal Democrats (63)
12.94%
Green Party (30)
6.16%
Brexit Party (6)
1.23%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.62%
SNP (10)
2.05%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.23%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)