The Student Room Group

What do I do?

Hi,

So my first insurance with Ticker got cancelled because I was speeding (I voluntarily cancelled it beforehand so I don't have to declare it). I am now looking at alternative policies, Tesco Bank Box is £1400 while I can get no black box (Privident) for £2000. Honestly I'm stuck between the two and there's lots of money to be saved.

Anybody with Tesco Bank Box and could you tell me what they're like? Or shall I bite the bullet and get no box?
Reply 1
Original post by the1nOnlyy
Hi,

So my first insurance with Ticker got cancelled because I was speeding (I voluntarily cancelled it beforehand so I don't have to declare it). I am now looking at alternative policies, Tesco Bank Box is £1400 while I can get no black box (Privident) for £2000. Honestly I'm stuck between the two and there's lots of money to be saved.

Anybody with Tesco Bank Box and could you tell me what they're like? Or shall I bite the bullet and get no box?

Given you already had one policy cancelled for speeding under telematics.. I struggle to understand why you would be considering another!
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Given you already had one policy cancelled for speeding under telematics.. I struggle to understand why you would be considering another!

I mean I can try drive better for another year instead. But I'm not sure if I should just get no box and spend an extra £600. I currently already have Tesco (bought it about a week ago) and I'm still in the cooling off period, so not sure whether to cancel to switch to Provident.
Reply 3
I mean I can try drive better for another year instead. But I'm not sure if I should just get no box and spend an extra £600. I currently already have Tesco (bought it about a week ago) and I'm still in the cooling off period, so not sure whether to cancel to switch to Provident.

You're a fool for doing what you did on one telematics policy then taking another out.

You know what the answer is here.
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
You're a fool for doing what you did on one telematics policy then taking another out.

You know what the answer is here.

I mean - I don't. That's why I've made the thread.
Reply 5
I mean - I don't. That's why I've made the thread.

Obviously it's not take out another telematics policy.......
How strict are black boxes with speeding surely your not penalised for doing 31mph in a 30?

Quick Reply