The Student Room Group

The tories are going to win again

I really want Labour to win. I just feel it all the time people are always screaming on the social media and I always think Labour are going to win then the tories win😭😭

Scroll to see replies

Did you watch the Bojo vs Corbyn debate last night? If that's anything to go by, then the tories are an absolute shambles!
Original post by Suchomimus
Did you watch the Bojo vs Corbyn debate last night? If that's anything to go by, then the tories are an absolute shambles!

Yeah but it always seems like Labour is going to win and then the tories do. Almost like its a fix
Original post by AmberDalia
I really want Labour to win. I just feel it all the time people are always screaming on the social media and I always think Labour are going to win then the tories win😭😭

That's your problem. Social media - aka your friends and family, people who have similar lives and thus similar views to you - is not representative of the country as a whole.

If you take all your friends saying 'I love Corbyn' as evidence that Labour is going to win, and then get disappointed, you only really have yourself to blame.

There hasn't been a single election since 2005 when you could have reasonably been confident beforehand that Labour were going to win.
(edited 4 years ago)
Yeah but it always seems like Labour is going to win and then the tories do. Almost like its a fix

Good point!
Original post by LeapingLucy
That's your problem. Social media - aka your friends and family, people who have similar lives and thus similar views to you - is not representative of the country as a whole.

If you take all your friends saying 'I love Corbyn' as evidence that Labour is going to win, and then get disappointed, you only really have yourself to blame.

There hasn't been a single election since 2005 when you could have reasonably been confident beforehand that Labour were going to win.

That's u assuming I was talking about my friends and family. I'm oab Labour trending on twitter all the time, in the itv debate Labour being cheered on and there being less and less support for tories. Oab only got yourself to blame 😂😂😂😂😂❎
The Conservative Party's track record of failure, ineptitude and poor leadership should see them kicked out of office.

Sadly the best thing the Conservatives have going for them is Jeremy Corbyn.
It's unfortunate that one of them have to win. Hate both of them and I'm not prepared to support either.
Original post by _gcx
It's unfortunate that one of them have to win. Hate both of them and I'm not prepared to support either.

There's always Lib Dems.
Original post by _gcx

Not trying to be funny but I don't understand why people hate Labour? Maybe I'm just naiive could you tell me why pls?
There's always Lib Dems.

Vote lib dems get tory
It's very unlikely that Labour will win but that doesn't necessarily mean the Tories will.

The SNP will probably take at least half of the 13 seats currently held by the Tories in Scotland. They will lose similar amounts to the Lib Dems in the south of England. The decision by the Brexit Party to field candidates in non-Tory seats will make it significantly harder for the Tories to take seats off Labour.

So the chances of Labour winning? Negligible. The chances of the Conservatives winning (a majority)? Not as high as it seems.

thats the scary thing. people will watch boris johnson bumble about brexit for an hour with no proper argument or defence and will still vote for the tories.
Original post by LeapingLucy

^ This + even if you had friends who were Tories, it’s essentially social suicide to admit it publicly.

It’s what happens when one side of the coin is demonised; people do not talk about it publicly and then the opinion polls are incorrect and you get a shock result. Eg. US 2016 Election, Brexit
(edited 4 years ago)
That's u assuming I was talking about my friends and family. I'm oab Labour trending on twitter all the time, in the itv debate Labour being cheered on and there being less and less support for tories. Oab only got yourself to blame 😂😂😂😂😂❎

A) Social media algorithms work out what content you like, and they then show you that content.

B) Loads of people don't even use social media - it's skewed towards younger people, who are far more likely to be Labour supporters.
There's always Lib Dems.

Right-leaning economically and very libertarian, there is no party that I really align with. And because the electoral system is designed to protect the interests of lab/con, there often is no point in voting for anyone else.
Not trying to be funny but I don't understand why people hate Labour? Maybe I'm just naiive could you tell me why pls?

I disagree with Labour policies. I dislike their leader. Not much more to it than that.

(And btw, I also disagree with Tory policies and dislike their leader - I won't be voting Labour or Conservative.)

Don't align with them politically - the attitudes/(world) views of some of their members irritate me immensely. No better than Tories in dealing with Brexit.
Original post by CTLeafez
^ This + even if you had friends who were Tories, it’s essentially social suicide to admit it publicly.

It’s what happens when one side of the coin is demonised; people do not talk about it publicly and then the opinion polls are incorrect and you get a shock result. Eg. US 2016 Election, Brexit

London is very well known for this. I did a private poll on Insta recently (you can see how people voted in the poll if you create it) and a friend of mine who is known as a typical Labour supporter voted Tory and for Brexit in the poll - I asked him about it and he doesn't want to come out to his friends.

Shy Tory syndrome is real, people.

it is not Labor that is the problem, it is Tragic Grandpa.

Quick Reply