The Student Room Group

The tories are going to win again

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShaunT02
He's not a racist his justification for saying what he said was he was mounting a liberal defence against the oppression of women

Oh okay. What about the homophobic comments?
Original post by ساره

Those were just a bit rude tbh weren't they
Baroness Warsi is an ISIS sympathiser who has done nothing to curb the virus of Islamic terrorism sweeping this country. Rather than dealing with this issue she moans about islamophobia!

Stop the attacks then the phobia will recede. That so dumb to understand b*tch
Original post by RJ7781
No its quite well known that as you come out a recession its best not to cut off spending. What the Conservatives did with their austerity plans was to essentially kill off the economy's recovery.

I already addressed that a few pages ago, I didn't write it very well
Original post by QE2
Not my problem that you don't really understand the implications of what you are saying.

Your attitude is really starting to annoy me. 'You disagree with me therefore you are an idiot'. The world doesn't revolve around you and what you think, grow the **** up.
Original post by ساره

Who really cares? Even if he is actually racist and homophobic which he probably isn't, he's not putting it in the manifesto or other official party material and he certainly isn't going to start getting discriminatory legislation passed. If he doesn't like gays and Muslims then so what, that's his right to have an opinion. He's not going to impact the attitude of anyone else.
Original post by Cryoraptor
Your attitude is really starting to annoy me. 'You disagree with me therefore you are an idiot'. The world doesn't revolve around you and what you think, grow the **** up.

Dont let him get to you mate. The only reason I removed him from ignore is simply because he was spinning lies directly about me, and I like to have the right to reply. People see him for what he is, let him ramble on to himself and reinforce his bigotry that "the people are mainly idoits" too soothe fact he loses 90% of debates with his pointless self praise to flattery to himself.

The poster in question wont reply because hes sick of talking to him, because of the futility of debating with a person with such low cognitive abilities.
Original post by Burton Bridge
Dont let him get to you mate. The only reason I removed him from ignore is simply because he was spinning lies directly about me, and I like to have the right to reply. People see him for what he is, let him ramble on to himself and reinforce his bigotry that "the people are mainly idoits" too soothe fact he loses 90% of debates with his pointless self praise to flattery to himself.

The poster in question wont reply because hes sick of talking to him, because of the futility of debating with a person with such low cognitive abilities.

Alright, fair enough. He's brilliant proof that some athiests can be just as bigoted (not religious myself, I'm agnostic) as some religious groups.
Reply 348
Your attitude is really starting to annoy me.

Boo hoo.

'You disagree with me therefore you are an idiot'.

It is a person's inability to understand simple concepts, and their continued insistence that they are right, despite having been proved otherwise, that makes someone an idiot.
There are plenty of people on here who I fundamentally disagree with who I don't think are idiots. There are also people who agree with me who are clearly idiots. It's not really that difficult to understand. Well, not for some, eh? :rolleyes:
Reply 349

lol!
In our last exchange, I presented you with 7 points/questions based on your earlier statements.
You were unable to respond to any of them.
Dunning-Kruger in full effect.
Reply 350
Alright, fair enough. He's brilliant proof that some athiests can be just as bigoted (not religious myself, I'm agnostic) as some religious groups.

Oh, so because I disagree with you, I'm "a bigot"? How very ironic!
Original post by QE2
Boo hoo.

It is a person's inability to understand simple concepts, and their continued insistence that they are right, despite having been proved otherwise, that makes someone an idiot.
There are plenty of people on here who I fundamentally disagree with who I don't think are idiots. There are also people who agree with me who are clearly idiots. It's not really that difficult to understand. Well, not for some, eh? :rolleyes:

:sly: Okey, tell me how a person can believe in a united kingdom outside the EU and not be an idoit, xenophobia, blar, blar. In you're head?
Original post by QE2
Oh, so because I disagree with you, I'm "a bigot"? How very ironic!

Maybe you dont understand the meaning if he word bigoted or bigot, let me help you.

bigot

/ˈbɪɡət/

noun

a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

bigoted

/ˈbɪɡətɪd/

adjective

obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards other people's beliefs and practices.

@Cryoraptor was not calling you a bigot because you disagree with him, he was calling you a bigot because you show traits of a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. There never too late to learn :wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 353
:sly: Okey, tell me how a person can believe in a united kingdom outside the EU and not be an idoit, xenophobia, blar, blar. In you're head?

It depends entirely on their arguments and reasons. For people who stand to gain in some way from such a situation (financially, politically, etc) they are clearly not idiots. For ordinary people who still think that their lives will be improved by leaving the EU, or that it will lead to fewer foreigners in the country, etc, then they are idiots.

You will have to teach me how to ignore certain anti-Catholics mate
Reply 355
Maybe you dont understand the meaning if he word bigoted or bigot, let me help you.

bigot

/ˈbɪɡət/

noun

a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

bigoted

/ˈbɪɡətɪd/

adjective

obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards other people's beliefs and practices.

@Cryoraptor was not calling you a bigot because you disagree with him, he was calling you a bigot because you show traits of a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. There never too late to learn :wink:

How do you know why he was calling me a bigot? Is he your dupe?
Anyway, your accusation applies equally to him and to yourself, which was my point.
However, the main problem you have is that simply being highly critical, dismissive, even insulting towards someone's views is not "bigotry". Bigotry requires some sense of unreasonableness and prejudice.
Yeah you're all just chatting **** now. Vote Labour save the NHS. Thanks
Original post by AmberDalia
Yeah you're all just chatting **** now. Vote Labour save the NHS. Thanks

That's the same tired line that's been used for decades, in 1997 it was used also and what happened labour privatised large sections of the NHS.
Original post by QE2
How do you know why he was calling me a bigot? Is he your dupe?
Anyway, your accusation applies equally to him and to yourself, which was my point.
However, the main problem you have is that simply being highly critical, dismissive, even insulting towards someone's views is not "bigotry". Bigotry requires some sense of unreasonableness and prejudice.

Absolutely and you are incorrect as usual. The fact I get on so well and respect people with completely different veiws to myself proves you're post to be nonsensical.

Which brings me a Thatcher liking person I respect and listen too;

Original post by LiberOfLondon
You will have to teach me how to ignore certain anti-Catholics mate

What I do is simple, just think why am I concerned with this person's (anonymous name on a screen) view point? How much respect has this person earned to me? Why do I care what they think? How much knowledge has the person shown? Etc etc.

If you find from a set of questions you make up, the person has low intelligence, low cognitive abilities, misses the point or deliberately moves the goal posts, etc etc. Igniring them should become very easy, unless you want a laugh :wink:

BTW on religion, I had a very strict roman catholic upbringing. I would call myself non religious, I would not call myself an atheist that's another religion in a way. Let's be honest no mortal human knows the real answers behind religion, we should respect one anothers right to believe whatever they wish, within reason and live and let live.

Original post by QE2
It depends entirely on their arguments and reasons. For people who stand to gain in some way from such a situation (financially, politically, etc) they are clearly not idiots. For ordinary people who still think that their lives will be improved by leaving the EU, or that it will lead to fewer foreigners in the country, etc, then they are idiots.

Genius :rofl:

So explain to me how quote ordinary people can believe in a life outside the EU and not be an idoit then :facepalm:
(edited 4 years ago)
That's the same tired line that's been used for decades, in 1997 it was used also and what happened labour privatised large sections of the NHS.

1997 was also 2 decades ago and since then the conservative government has also cut findings for the NHS and has already started privatising it as well as signing contracts with the Donald duck of America.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending