The tories are going to win again Watch

username5049966
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nutz99)
If the Guardian are saying it too as well as the 9 MPs who resigned the Labour party then it's pretty damning. Try searching the internet and you will find plenty of evidence - try Zarah Sultana first.
Again being anti israel is not anti- semetism. Neither is Zarah Sultana called Jeremy corbyn.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes they are, and we’re going to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the EU, because labour **** the bed with a horrendous manifesto and a joke of a leader. They are so out of touch with normal regular working people it’s not even funny. If they weren’t promising ridiculous things which can never be achieved then I would vote for them, if they weren’t promising yet again more reasons not to work, I would vote for them, but I am sick to death of paying my taxes and seeing that money spent on people who do not deserve it.
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Suchomimus)
Did you watch the Bojo vs Corbyn debate last night? If that's anything to go by, then the tories are an absolute shambles!
So are Labour though, Corbyn was also a disaster.
MrMusician95
Report 3 weeks ago
Yup, Tories are going to win. My dad and I agree that another Labour leader and Labour win. Corbyn is one of the only Labour leaders that would lead to Johnson winning.
AmberDalia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Yes they are, and we’re going to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the EU, because labour **** the bed with a horrendous manifesto and a joke of a leader. They are so out of touch with normal regular working people it’s not even funny. If they weren’t promising ridiculous things which can never be achieved then I would vote for them, if they weren’t promising yet again more reasons not to work, I would vote for them, but I am sick to death of paying my taxes and seeing that money spent on people who do not deserve it.
"people who do not derseve it". Who, the homeless? & their manifesto can be achieved just because the tories never doesn't mean its impossible.
username5049966
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
They're not promising ridiculous things though. All of it is perfectly possible. It's perfectly possible to spend less time working because actually productivity can increase with a shorter working week. Microsoft have actually trialled a 4 day working week in Japan and productivity went up.

Remember the exact same arguments were used against weekends which are a relatively recent invention. It's also perfectly possible to nationalise broadband. South Korea have done it and have 95% coverage which is much better than the UK's 10%.The rich and powerful would have you believe its not possible to do these things but it actually is.
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RJ7781)
They're not promising ridiculous things though. All of it is perfectly possible. It's perfectly possible to spend less time working because actually productivity can increase with a shorter working week. Microsoft have actually trialled a 4 day working week in Japan and productivity went up.

Remember the exact same arguments were used against weekends which are a relatively recent invention. It's also perfectly possible to nationalise broadband. South Korea have done it and have 95% coverage which is much better than the UK's 10%.The rich and powerful would have you believe its not possible to do these things but it actually is.
What would the rich have against people working the same amount of hours, but in a different way? (4 10 hour days is the same amount as 5 8 hour days) If you want to come up with a conspiracy theory, at least make it believable.
LeapingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's also perfectly possible to nationalise broadband. South Korea have done it and have 95% coverage which is much better than the UK's 10%.The rich and powerful would have you believe its not possible to do these things but it actually is.
This is a lie. South Korea's broadband is neither nationalised nor free.

It doesn't help you make the argument that these things are 'possible' when the examples you use are false.
Last edited by LeapingLucy; 3 weeks ago
LeapingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
South Korea have done it and have 95% coverage which is much better than the UK's 10%.The rich and powerful would have you believe its not possible to do these things but it actually is.
The roll-out of South Korea's broadband was state-planned and state-coordinated.

But it was carried out by PRIVATE companies and was almost exclusively PRIVATELY funded. It is an extremely competitive market, rather than a nationalised market with only one (state) provider.
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You are trying to compare workers in the UK with workers in Japan. Almost as bad as trying to compare employers in the UK with employers in Japan.

Compare Labour's manifesto with that of the Brexit Party. One is fantasy, the other is achievable and benefits most people in the UK except for maybe the pointless House of Lords.
LeapingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Today's Opinium poll:

Tories 47%
Labour 28%
Lib Dems 12%
Brexit Party 3%
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Today's Opinium poll:

Tories 47%
Labour 28%
Lib Dems 12%
Brexit Party 3%
Yea I saw that in the observer I think it may be an outlier though most polls keep saying 44/43
Yukikobestgirl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean I always hear about pro labour stuff but that's cause I literally live in the most pro labour city in the country.

Scousers are the best man
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Today's Opinium poll:

Tories 47%
Labour 28%
Lib Dems 12%
Brexit Party 3%
:party:
The only way this could be better is if Baroness Thatcher came back from the dead and unseated Anna Soubry or Dominic Grieve.
Yukikobestgirl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
:party:
The only way this could be better is if Baroness Thatcher came back from the dead and unseated Anna Soubry or Dominic Grieve.
Ding dong
the witch is dead
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AmberDalia)
Not trying to be funny but I don't understand why people hate Labour? Maybe I'm just naiive could you tell me why pls?
Because he wants to destroy the middle classes and (if he had his way) send them off to a gulag.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nutz99)
You are trying to compare workers in the UK with workers in Japan. Almost as bad as trying to compare employers in the UK with employers in Japan.
And whats wrong with the comparison? Or do you subscribe to the official tory party line that British workers are fundamentally lazy and want something for nothing? To use the words of the treasonous Patel.

Compare Labour's manifesto with that of the Brexit Party. One is fantasy, the other is achievable and benefits most people in the UK except for maybe the pointless House of Lords.
Considering the brexit party dont really have a manifesot nor any means of carrying it out...?
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
And whats wrong with the comparison? Or do you subscribe to the official tory party line that British workers are fundamentally lazy and want something for nothing? To use the words of the treasonous Patel.
Is that sarcasm or do you really think that a British worker put in the same job as a Japanese worker would do the same quantity of work and the same quality.

(Original post by Napp)
Considering the brexit party dont really have a manifesot nor any means of carrying it out...?
Are you just getting lazy or something. They may not be calling it a manifesto but what do you call this - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-key-policies/

It's a manifesto in every respect plus it is very achievable. There is more chance of that being implemented than Labour's manifesto. Personally I think the Brexit Party's manifesto is the best I've seen from any party in a long time.
hassassin04
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
And thanks goodness they will. All these teenagers cheering for Labour are hilarious - have never worked in their lives probably and want free stuff as usual.
Cryoraptor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well no ****. They are the shiniest of turds. We have Corbyn promising to either do nothing in his manifesto or break the economy of this country, the Lib Dems acting like satirists, etc. etc..

Granted BoJo might not be the best but he is better than any of the alternatives. Vote Corbyn and the economy is going down the toilet. Vote Swinson and you're voting for a delusional joke party. BoJo is the only real option.
Last edited by Cryoraptor; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (345)
46.12%
No (80)
10.7%
I'm not old enough (323)
43.18%

Watched Threads