The tories are going to win again Watch

username5049966
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nutz99)
You are trying to compare workers in the UK with workers in Japan. Almost as bad as trying to compare employers in the UK with employers in Japan.

Compare Labour's manifesto with that of the Brexit Party. One is fantasy, the other is achievable and benefits most people in the UK except for maybe the pointless House of Lords.
Workers in Japan work like 70 hours a week and yet somehow the UK keeps up just fine. They even have a word for it which means death by work. I don't see specifically why Labour's manifesto is fantasy? I'd argue the fantasy is Brexit.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nutz99)
Is that sarcasm or do you really think that a British worker put in the same job as a Japanese worker would do the same quantity of work and the same quality.
So you're admitting that the British worker is fundamentally lazy? Interesting line to take when barracking on about those evil europeans getting British jobs..

Are you just getting lazy or something. They may not be calling it a manifesto but what do you call this - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-key-policies/

It's a manifesto in every respect plus it is very achievable. There is more chance of that being implemented than Labour's manifesto. Personally I think the Brexit Party's manifesto is the best I've seen from any party in a long time.
No it really isnt, mainly because the brexit 'party' is not so much a party but a pressure group, its quite literally in the name.
Hardly, there isnt a hope in hell of this bunch of luddites getting into power, which was my point when i said it cant be implemented, never mind the fact more or less none of them has even a hint of experience in politics thus making it dubious theyd ever be able to even attempt to get these policies implemented, again disregarding the fact them winning as being more than a pipe dream.

Yes, you would wouldnt you.
RadioDemon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AmberDalia)
I really want Labour to win. I just feel it all the time people are always screaming on the social media and I always think Labour are going to win then the tories win😭😭
Same here, from personal experience of having both a Tory and Labour MP for my constituency, the Labour MP was amazing. She listened to the people of the community and did loads to help. Our current Tory MP (thank heavens he's been deselected), was involved in a sex scandal and Theresa May just allowed him to get away with it just so he'd vote for her to stay as Prime Minister. Plus from the few times I met with him, he completely ignored me and then tried to lock me in a broom cupboard (looooong story).
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The labour policies scare me. Maybe I have misunderstood their manifesto, but there are no compelling reasons to re nationalise the railways or broadband infrastructure. British Rail, for example, at least from what I can tell from users of other forums, wasn't that great before privatisation. The government already has a large say in the railways anyway, through the DfT. People always blame the TOC's but quite a lot of the time its the fault of the DfT or Network Rail.
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
And whats wrong with the comparison? Or do you subscribe to the official tory party line that British workers are fundamentally lazy and want something for nothing? To use the words of the treasonous Patel.
What? How has Patel committed treason, or are you just throwing big words around?
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
:party:
The only way this could be better is if Baroness Thatcher came back from the dead and unseated Anna Soubry or Dominic Grieve.
She could come back, however this time she could come back to a poor working class background she falsely claimed to be from. There would be somthing lovely about seeing her as a White Male with no prospects enjoying the results of her polices.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AmberDalia)
I really want Labour to win. I just feel it all the time people are always screaming on the social media and I always think Labour are going to win then the tories win😭😭
You get a false sense of what's happening in the wider community on social media. It's called surrounding yourself with people you agree with and sharing material that boosts you're own ego's

Also dont forget the grey vote is not represented fully online yet.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 2 weeks ago
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
She could come back, however this time she could come back to a poor working class background she falsely claimed to be from. There would be somthing lovely about seeing her as a White Male with no prospects enjoying the results of her polices.
I would comment about Thatcher putting working class people in the North on the property ladder with Right to Buy, but that would derail the thread.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Suchomimus)
Did you watch the Bojo vs Corbyn debate last night? If that's anything to go by, then the tories are an absolute shambles!
Corbyn did little better, they were both terrible.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would comment about Thatcher putting working class people in the North on the property ladder with Right to Buy, but that would derail the thread.
You just did, so I would comment about Thatcher Right to Buy strangulating the housing market, crateing housing shortages, homelessness and that's just in the medium term, in the current term provided an extra course of income for wealthy private landlords as the country heads slowly, but surely back to longer term of a victorian style society, but that would derail the thread.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What? How has Patel committed treason, or are you just throwing big words around?
Not sure i'd call 'treason' a particularly big word but each unto their own.
You are aware of why she was sacked from the government by May, yes?
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You get a false sense of what's happening in the wider community on social media. It's called surrounding yourself with people you agree with and sharing material that boosts you're own ego's
I believe the term is an 'echo chamber'
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RJ7781)
Did he? When? You also dont accidentally wander into a passover meal and take part in Jewish prayers. You definitely don't if you're an anti-semite. You could argue he's anti-israel.But that's a different thing to being anti-jewish and Israel have done a lot of things recently fully worthy of criticism tbh.
That's what they are trying to blur the lines of mate, it's a nasty morally repugnant thing to do, for political gain.

The neoliberal right wing (to me) center ground to most are peddling this lie. Jo swinson is one of the biggest culprits, she spouts those nonsensical tripe as she wheres her pseudo left wing mask, covering her right wing policies of her unelectable party.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Yes they are, and we’re going to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the EU, because labour **** the bed with a horrendous manifesto and a joke of a leader. They are so out of touch with normal regular working people it’s not even funny. If they weren’t promising ridiculous things which can never be achieved then I would vote for them, if they weren’t promising yet again more reasons not to work, I would vote for them, but I am sick to death of paying my taxes and seeing that money spent on people who do not deserve it.
Lol :facepalm:spoke by a person who accused me of being right wing for wishing to leave the EU!
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
I believe the term is an 'echo chamber'
Lol very true !

Ironically, theres an echo chamber in my reply, in the way two other posters have already answered in similar way I have.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Not sure i'd call 'treason' a particularly big word but each unto their own.
You are aware of why she was sacked from the government by May, yes?
Holding a meeting with a British ally and the only liberal democracy in the Middle East ≠ treason.
That's what they are trying to blur the lines of mate, it's a nasty morally repugnant thing to do, for political gain.

The neoliberal right wing (to me) center ground to most are peddling this lie. Jo swinson is one of the biggest culprits, she spouts those nonsensical tripe as she wheres her pseudo left wing mask, covering her right wing policies of her unelectable party.
Swinson is right wing??
We don't want her.
EpicChefUK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I really do believe that Brexit is the biggest issue here. The Tories are going to screw everything up again. I've just completely lost faith in them. I think brexit party are trying to bring back the lies that Vote Leave spread around. They are using the hard Brexiteers to try and get lots of money for the politicians eg Jacob Rees Mogg who hedged huge amounts of money on a No Deal Brexit. They'll be rolling in money while we suffer from recessions. Labour and possibly Lib Dems are the best choices for me here. They want to put the situation back in our control.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by EpicChefUK)
Jacob Rees Mogg who hedged huge amounts of money on a No Deal Brexit. They'll be rolling in money while we suffer from recessions.
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
while we suffer from recessions
Labour and possibly Lib Dems are the best choices for me here
And Labour wouldn't cause recessions with their insane spending plans?

As for lib dems, well they are a joke party and/or satirists. At this point I think they are testing the waters to see how many idiots they can attract. I don't believe they legitimately think what they are saying is true. They have become so moronic that lib dems voters actually don't want to vote for them.
Last edited by Cryoraptor; 2 weeks ago
EpicChefUK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I get what you're saying, but it's about the lesser of a bunch of evils right now. I really dont know what we should do as a country. Its like walking into a cafeteria and seeing 6 absolutely disgusting choices on the menu and your life depends on you choosing the one that's hopefully the least disgusting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (43)
33.08%
No I don't (61)
46.92%
I work during the holidays (26)
20%

Watched Threads