Accepting Multiple Postgraduate Offers in UKWatch
I am an international student who is applying to schools in UK, Canada, and US. I recently received an unconditional offer from University in UK for September 2020 postgraduate program. But I received my offer too early to make my decision. The University admission said there is no final deadline to make the final decision, but places are allocated in the order offers are accepted and it will best if I can let them know as soon as possible.
I get to hear back from all other schools around Early March or April. Scholarship and Funding are important factors when making my final decision. Usually, U.S schools will give students till April 15 to make the final decision. I want to put this UK school as my safe school just in case if I don't get an offer from other schools.
Is it possible to accept multiple postgraduate offers from UK universities? And later choose the best one and withdrawing my application from other schools before starting the program. I am still waiting to hear back from 2 more Universities from UK. Will UK universities find out that I accepted multiple offers if I do so? I didn't apply through UCAS and every application was done through university website.
Hope to hear some feedback and advice regarding this issue
Need more help on going postgrad?
As far as I am aware of, in the UK you can accept two offers: one as your ‘firm’ choice and one as your ‘aspirational’. I am currently in the process of applying so I do not know a lot but I hope that is of any help to you.
For postgrad, the convention is to accept offers until you hold the hand you can make a play with, then you reject all previous acceptances.
The downside to this is that universities make offers depending on how many acceptances they have, so your acceptance minisculely reduces offers made. However, universities follow the stats over the whole term, and understand that even acceptances drop out.
But accept multiple offers, but once you can make a decision, make it promptly. If a university wants yes to mean yes they charge a non-refundable deposit.