The Student Room Group

Sticky situation-Asian parents

Scroll to see replies

Whilst you are living under their roof, the pragmatic solution is "Their house, their rules".

Once you are past the age of 18 - and are in work or at uni - you have the relatively easy option of moving away from home.

Then it's a case of whether they are giving you some form of financial support that again makes it worth your while to follow any rules that are conditional on that support.

Once you start living as an independent adult - which is something you should aim to do ASAP for your own personal development - you can abandon any tracking software and see anyone you want any time you want.
Reply 21
LOL as a fellow asian i completely understand how you feel
try telling them that you're going out with a friend that they know (i.e. if they know your best friend, tell them youre going out with them) so then they know you're out and you're with someone they know
if youre not comfortable with lying, then just tell them that you're going out with a girl but ack good luck!
library honestly isn't a bad idea tbh, that's how i met and linked my current boyfriend and we've been dating for 6 months; my parents knew i was going to the library, but they just didn't know i was meeting him haha and technically i wasn't lying because i was going to the library
they know about him now (like, 3 months into dating) because i decided to tell them and it would make life easier, but of course that depends on how strict your parents are
best bet is say youre going out with friends (to your parents) and if they ask who, tell them someone you know they'll be okay with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending