History, english lang and psychology a levels?

Watch
15eadamson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I have to choose my a level subjects in about 3 weeks and right now I'm considering History, English Language and Psychology, with French as a maybe. However, I know these are 3 very essay-based subjects, so I was wondering if anyone had an experience of taking these 3 subjects, or 3 similar essay-based subjects, and how they found it, or if you thought it was too much work. I'd consider taking French as a replacement, and if I was to take French which other a level would you recommend swapping it for?
StormyWeather16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 15eadamson)
Hey, I have to choose my a level subjects in about 3 weeks and right now I'm considering History, English Language and Psychology, with French as a maybe. However, I know these are 3 very essay-based subjects, so I was wondering if anyone had an experience of taking these 3 subjects, or 3 similar essay-based subjects, and how they found it, or if you thought it was too much work. I'd consider taking French as a replacement, and if I was to take French which other a level would you recommend swapping it for?
Firstly, did you do French at GCSE and what did you get. Also, why are you picking A levels so late XD.

I loved history, chose English lit over Lang (more important, but of course that's your choice). Psychology is a popular one and apparently fun but didn't take it.
15eadamson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by StormyWeather16)
Firstly, did you do French at GCSE and what did you get. Also, why are you picking A levels so late XD.

I loved history, chose English lit over Lang (more important, but of course that's your choice). Psychology is a popular one and apparently fun but didn't take it.
I'm doing my GCSEs in in 2020, but we have to choose our a level options by 13 December, but I'm predicted a 7 in French, 8/7 in both English and 7 in History, I haven't done Psychology before but averaging 6/7 in sciences
StormyWeather16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 15eadamson)
I'm doing my GCSEs in in 2020, but we have to choose our a level options by 13 December, but I'm predicted a 7 in French, 8/7 in both English and 7 in History, I haven't done Psychology before but averaging 6/7 in sciences
When I did it I just put down Maths, Film studies and History.

I changed two of those in the time leading up to starting A levels, and during the start of A levels. I wouldn't worry too much now, you can easily change them when you start . Also, those predicted grades seem really good, well done!! The highest I got at GCSEs was a 7 in Maths and a 7 in English Lang
Lexiloooo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m doing history, English lit/Lang combined and computer science A-levels. CS is only writing when it comes down to the coursework but that’s 2.5 out 3 that are somewhat essay based. At GCSE I got two 9’s in English and a B in history (old system). In terms of work load, presuming you like the subjects, it should be fine. The biggest trouble I am personally having with them at the moment is the expectations in essays to get marks. It’s different to GCSE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads