what are your thoughts?

EDIT: sorry for the typo in the title, lol😂
Last edited by Leviathan1611; 2 weeks ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Welcome to Welly bro. This city (town) if full of social justice warriors with far too much time on their hands and who thus like to have a good whinge.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sure, why not? A t-shirt is a t-shirt, and boys and girls can decide for themselves whether they want to wear an item of clothing that could be considered gendered in our society (e.g. a skirt or a dress; both items of clothing my sister refused to wear growing up, just because she didn't like them).

Of course though, this suggestion will be railed against by imbeciles afraid of any deviation from the rigid and narrow structures of patriarchal heternormative society, who will much sooner point at those words and screech about "snowflakes" and "ess-jay-dubya's" rather actually try and engage in any critique of how they have been taught to perceive things.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 2 weeks ago
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Sure, why not? A t-shirt is a t-shirt, and boys and girls can decide for themselves whether they want to wear an item of clothing that could be considered gendered in our society (e.g. a skirt or a dress; both items of clothing my sister refused to wear growing up, just because she didn't like them).

Of course though, this suggestion will be railed against by imbeciles afraid of any deviation from the rigid and narrow structures of patriarchal heternormative society, who will much sooner point at those words and screech about "snowflakes" and "ess-jay-dubya's" rather actually try and engage in any critique of how they have been taught to perceive things.
Just a point of contest though what makes you think you're right as opposed to everyone else?
username5046740
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
pathetic leftist garbage.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not with button shirts. Female button shirts do up the wrong way round, and me being a complete retard I cannot do them (I struggle with buttons or anything hand eye coordinated anyway)
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Not with button shirts. Female button shirts do up the wrong way round, and me being a complete retard I cannot do them (I struggle with buttons or anything hand eye coordinated anyway)
do you mean the button are on the opposite side of the shirt?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
do you mean the button are on the opposite side of the shirt?
Yep.
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
:gasp:

This is genuine a revelation to me.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Yep.
interesting, I never noticed that.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)

This is genuine a revelation to me.
same
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Meh, don't care.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Same way zips on trousers are opposite too!
And the article?
Nothing better to do
No three year old says label gendering is bull. Without excessive training from mum
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nothing wrong with having gendered clothing but having gender neutral clothing would save money if I ever have kids, especially a peak with a neutral colour
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)

Why is this a thing?
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Why is this a thing?
Sorry no idea
Emiluu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don’t think it’s necessary but nothing too “SJW” about it. It’s fine for kids as long as it fits both body shapes. Don’t see why anyone would be triggered? Also helps families save money as they can pass down clothes more comfortably to children of different genders,
For adults labels should be maintained since clothes are designed to fit male and female bodies at gender specific sizes, so you’d expect them to be labelled showing this.

*Also I don’t believe there’s any good reason as to why buttons/zips are on opposite sides in modern society, so why does it matter if they make them all on one side / randomly pick sides for everyone?
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?

Why is this a thing?
so you realise you're putting on the wrong gendered clothing.

* ^this is a joke
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
I didnt even know having an opposite zip was a thing :lol:
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I consider gendered clothing an outdated concept and shop in both the men's and women's sections, so I'm all for it. I wouldn't fight for it or call gendered clothing bull**** though. I doubt a three year old genuinely would either!
Last edited by sinfonietta; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (169)
18.97%
Labour (457)
51.29%
Liberal Democrats (119)
13.36%
Green Party (51)
5.72%
Brexit Party (13)
1.46%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.45%
SNP (15)
1.68%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.45%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (4)