The Student Room Group

mum demands kids clothes have with ‘boys’ and ‘girls’ labels be scrapped

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByEeek
Really? Why do women in the UK not go into STEM. Certainly not an issue with women because in China it is 50/50.

Ever heard of teenage girls with mental health issues over how they look on social media? Have you asked girls what they think of their looks? Does it not alarm you that kids as young as 6 describe themselves as ugly?

Teenage boys have just as many mental health issues about the why they look ask any boy how they think they should look

China such a wonderful country for Human rights a country were female have to choose it they want to be able to eat and are forced to work in STEM. Let not forget Iran the feminist dream were it about 50/50 females working in STEM were women are forced to wear cloth on their head and gay teen children are killed in public.

Feminists never ask why females don't want to work in STEM in the UK and males in care education which male are needed in more than females in STEM because care is about human beings which half are male.

Feminists such as yourselves talk about equality of the sexes but choose to keep silent on issues of truth inequality such as 88% of homeless people are male. Female criminals get away with crimes more than males. 98% of people killed at work are male. Women are not working in low wage hard danger jobs as men. More money is spent on women health care than men.

But because feminist such as yourselves care only about the number of females working STEM in UK but never why females are not forced to work in danger jobs like men. Even working class women are more likely to be working in a safe shop job than men.

The best one in most countries men are forced to fight and die their only one which forces women to fight in IDF is Israel. E.g. no one should be forced to fight whatever gender. But feminists never ask why women lives are viewed as more important than men.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
:gasp:

Why is this a thing?

I *think* it's because of when people got dressed by their servants, so it would be be easier for them to button the person up. Not sure which is which though
Original post by mpaprika
I *think* it's because of when people got dressed by their servants, so it would be be easier for them to button the person up. Not sure which is which though

An interesting fact men have never wear dresses but high hill boots were first made for men
Original post by ByEeek
Really? Why do women in the UK not go into STEM. Certainly not an issue with women because in China it is 50/50.

Ever heard of teenage girls with mental health issues over how they look on social media? Have you asked girls what they think of their looks? Does it not alarm you that kids as young as 6 describe themselves as ugly?

I mean just because these things happen doesn’t mean gendered labels on clothing is the cause, or that getting rid of such labels will solve anything.

Women in the UK don’t go into STEM as much as men because they choose not to. And if a non-STEM career is what they want to go into, that ought to be respected.
I’ve never heard of one who actually wanted to go into STEM but felt that she couldn’t because a t shirt told her not to. I’d give women credit for being a bit more intelligent and free-thinking than that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ByEeek
Certainly not an issue with women because in China it is 50/50.

Which is natural though? Are women in China being forced to go into STEM against their own inclination because it suits the state?
Original post by looloo2134
An interesting fact men have never wear dresses

You haven't seen many Arabs then?

This is genuine a revelation to me.

Original post by Leviathan1611
same

Why is this a thing?

Original post by Sammylou40
Sorry no idea

The buttons on women’s blouses are on the opposite side to men’s shirts traditionally to assist the maids in dressing the lady question :smile:

It’s a quirk which has somehow survived to this day.

Unfortunately I doubt many women have maids to assist them in dressing nowadays :tongue:
Original post by Good bloke
You haven't seen many Arabs then?

In Britain and I don't think clothing some Arab men wear are called dresses
In Britain and I don't think clothing some Arab men wear are called dresses

The name is hardly relevant, though, is it? Is a frock not a dress? Is a kilt not a skirt? Are shirts not blouses? Are jeans not trousers? It is the form that matters.

Speaking of kilts ...
Original post by tazarooni89

Women in the UK don’t go into STEM as much as men because they choose not to.

A very one dimensional view. On the same basis, presumibly those born into families of no employment choose to be unemployed in the same way that those privilaged to have a private education choose to use the influeces of their family. I guess the men of the royal family similarly choose to go into the services rather than get a job in insurance?

Or maybe perceived choices are not taken due to stigma, prejudice or ignorance?

How many women did you survey to inform your statement?
Original post by ByEeek
Really? Why do women in the UK not go into STEM.

Women outnumber men in Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary, Pharmacy...pretty much all top STEM fields....I think men only outnumber women in engineering and maths...as in women outnumber men in most STEM fields....we do need equality in this country in STEM fields but not for women, for men.
Original post by Pinkisk
Women outnumber men in Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary, Pharmacy...pretty much all top STEM fields....I think men only outnumber women in engineering and maths...as in women outnumber men in most STEM fields....we do need equality in this country in STEM fields but not for women, for men.

Fair dos. I didn't know that. So why are such choices being made?
Original post by ByEeek
A very one dimensional view. On the same basis, presumibly those born into families of no employment choose to be unemployed in the same way that those privilaged to have a private education choose to use the influeces of their family. I guess the men of the royal family similarly choose to go into the services rather than get a job in insurance?

Or maybe perceived choices are not taken due to stigma, prejudice or ignorance?

How many women did you survey to inform your statement?

Of course it’s a one dimensional view. That’s the whole point. It’s the view which actively ignores social stigma, other people’s prejudice, stereotyping etc. as people can and should be doing when they make important life choices.

Furthermore, this still doesn’t explain why banning gendered clothing will make any difference. You are still assuming that this is the cause of gender stereotypes as opposed to symptomatic of it.

Remember that companies selling kids’ clothes are out to make money, and aim to sell whatever people will buy. This implies that the cultural gender differences already exist from beforehand.
(edited 4 years ago)
Furthermore, this still doesn’t explain why banning gendered clothing will make any difference. You are still assuming that this is the cause of gender stereotypes as opposed to symptomatic of it.

Presumibly in that case making people pay to use plastic bags hasn't had any impact? After all, we all had a choice to reuse plastic bags. Except reuse increased by 80%.

Presumibly in your view advertising has no impact on people choosing unhealthy food choices and hence the obesity epidemic?

Of course the wise man would say, why don't we do more reasearch and try and measure the impact of gendering from an early age?
Original post by ByEeek
Presumibly in that case making people pay to use plastic bags hasn't had any impact? After all, we all had a choice to reuse plastic bags. Except reuse increased by 80%.

Presumibly in your view advertising has no impact on people choosing unhealthy food choices and hence the obesity epidemic?

Of course the wise man would say, why don't we do more reasearch and try and measure the impact of gendering from an early age?

Yes plastic bag charges affect reuse, and advertising affects consumption. Why does that automatically mean gendered clothing also affects career choices?

Just because one thing affects another, doesn’t mean it now analogously follows that anything affects anything.
Original post by Pinkisk

Women should not out number males in any STEM field because every year 100 female to male 107 babies are born so there should be more males at university etc than females.
Yes plastic bag charges affect reuse, and advertising affects consumption. Why does that automatically mean gendered clothing also affects career choices?

1. Why did bringing in charges affect behaviour?
2. Why do the slogans we are made to wear affect our behaviour?

We know the answer to hypothisis 1.
Surely the only way to test hypothisis 2 is to try it no?
brave and beautiful
Original post by ByEeek
Fair dos. I didn't know that. So why are such choices being made?

This STEM thing is a great example of one of the many, many lies spread by feminists. You hear this issue all the time. Women are outnumbered in STEM fields. Then you are like OK. Lets have a look at the numbers and when you come to look at the numbers you find that women outnumber men in nearly ALL STEM fields...and your jaw drops to the ground...and you are like OMG...these B words are playing on the ignorance of people to get benefits. Its not women that are disadvantaged in STEM but men....The moment you tell this to people and people confirm it....they're like omg...we're all being manipulated and lied to...

...nobody ever checks. Everyone just takes what feminists say at face value...

Women outnumber men in all of the top fields at university. Women outnumber men in nearly all university subjects..in law, in medicine, in dentistry, in veterinary, in pharmacy...and not by a small margin but by a huge one...in some universities in medicine boys are like outnumbered by a ratio of 3 or 4 to 1...Men are greatly disadvantaged in higher education, not just in this country but in all countries...if men woke up to this reality there would be uproar against feminism the main cause of this disparity..but most men are asleep...the next time you go to university ...just look around and count..count the number of boys to girls...and you will instantly get your answer.
(edited 4 years ago)
Women should not out number males in any STEM field because every year 100 female to male 107 babies are born so there should be more males at university etc than females.

Yes, but what if I tell you that universities have for the past fifty years actively discriminated against men in favour of women and this is one of the main reasons why women outnumber men in STEM? Women are not out performing men. Universities and the government are actively discriminating in favour of women against men. This is what has led women to outnumber men in STEM...and most all men and most all society are none the wiser. This discrimination is all going on behind the scenes and it takes on the form of gender initiatives and policies that are passed under the cover.

How many people here have heard of ATHENA SWAN?
How many people here know that gender quotas were introduced into medicine 50 years ago that led to universities giving preference to women applying to medicine over men which led to women slowly outnumbering men in medicine? NO ONE ...feminism is making huge changes in society behind the scenes and most everyone is ignorant to what this highly sexist, highly depraved ideology is doing.

How many people here know that feminism has since the early 60s argued that sex with animals is natural and that this sort of act should be legalised? Very few people from the mainstream if any at all know this. Trust me, give this country and give feminism fifty more years and they will make this sort of thing legal...and instead of arguing whether or not its ok to swap our gender or be genderless on this forum... we will be arguing whether or not its ok to marry a horse.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending