Is age a problem? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,
I'm writing this post because I can't decide something and its important.
I'm currently 15 and I find someone whos 13 attractive, im not sure when they're 14 but we get on well, is this an issue as im 16 in a couple of months.
I really like the guy and its the only person ive acc liked in a while :/
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
At your age it is a big deal.

Your peers will mock you, pressure you to break-up, and won't let you live it down.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
At your age it is a big deal.

Your peers will mock you, pressure you to break-up, and won't let you live it down.
I would keep it private anyway, its not a big deal, but I mean is it a problem with legalities etc. Some people ik date people younger than him but I just wanted to ask to make sure. Also at first I thought he was 16... he looks AND acts it
itscourtchicks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Personally I think three years is a big stretch considering those ages. And as said above people will likely say things.
Em.-.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think the law is like if ur over 18 u can’t be with someone who is over 4 years younger or something unless they themselves are over 18 at which point age is just a number (to the law anyway). Though pretty sure sex is illegal for under 16 yr olds so don’t be doing that until ur both of that age otherwise u could get urself in trouble. If u were both over 16 it wouldn’t be an issue at all.
There are couples out there with 20+ years between them, which makes me uncomfortable a bit, but if they are both happy then so what.
It only seems like a bigger deal cause you are both kids in a way, but once u are both adults ur age gap (2-3) years is actually very small.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by itscourtchicks)
Personally I think three years is a big stretch considering those ages. And as said above people will likely say things.
Yeah I get that people will say **** but he acts and LOOKS my age... people dont need to know the ins and outs of people?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Emiluu)
I think the law is like if ur over 18 u can’t be with someone who is over 4 years younger or something unless they themselves are over 18 at which point age is just a number (to the law anyway). Though pretty sure sex is illegal for under 16 yr olds so don’t be doing that until ur both of that age otherwise u could get urself in trouble. If u were both over 16 it wouldn’t be an issue at all.
There are couples out there with 20+ years between them, which makes me uncomfortable a bit, but if they are both happy then so what.
It only seems like a bigger deal cause you are both kids in a way, but once u are both adults ur age gap (2-3) years is actually very small.
Ik I wouldn't do anything illegal like that.
Im not stupid. My point being that he does act my age, im 15 atm do its 2 years and idk when his birthday is, i'll find out tho
Em.-.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ik I wouldn't do anything illegal like that.
Im not stupid. My point being that he does act my age, im 15 atm do its 2 years and idk when his birthday is, i'll find out tho
Well ur not doing anything illegal by dating so just do what makes u both happy, if u don’t care what others think then it’s fine kids in my school have dated being 2 school years apart and no one made a big deal but idk how it will be for u
Anonymous #1
Well ur not doing anything illegal by dating so just do what makes u both happy, if u don’t care what others think then it’s fine kids in my school have dated being 2 school years apart and no one made a big deal but idk how it will be for u
He doesnt go to my skl so I think it should be okay with people saying ****. Thanks for your advice btw im gay 😂
Em.-.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
He doesnt go to my skl so I think it should be okay with people saying ****. Thanks for your advice btw im gay 😂
Ah gay ain’t a big deal anymore anyway, well to most people at least. Think I’m bi myself (or maybe pan tho I think that’s more a choice than a fixed biological thing).
Anonymous #1
Ah gay ain’t a big deal anymore anyway, well to most people at least. Think I’m bi myself (or maybe pan tho I think that’s more a choice than a fixed biological thing).
aciana
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah I get that people will say **** but he acts and LOOKS my age... people dont need to know the ins and outs of people?
But he isn't your age, he is a 13 year old child. He is probably trying to act mature around you to impress you, but he isn't as emotionally mature as you might think. He isn't ready for sex and things I am sure, but he won't want to admit that to you, he'll want to keep up the pretence that he is a mature man ready for anything - but it won't be true and you could harm this person. You do not want to take advantage of someone do you? Let this child grow up before trying to start a relationship with him please.
laughinglad999
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
In the uk you can marry at 16 in Scotland you can marry at 16 with out permission from your parents and someone 16 + can date any one they wish to date older or around there own age people cant help who they fall in love with the problem is the ones that stick there nose into other peoples business cant they not get there own live and let others get on with there life
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (51)
30.54%
No (87)
52.1%
Don't know (29)
17.37%

Watched Threads