The Student Room Group

Maths A-level Physics

Hi everyone, i need some help on this maths question please thank you<3

You have carried out an experiment to investigate the effect of the length of a pendulum on the time period of oscillation. Theory says that the pendulum should follow the rule

T=2π √L/g

Where T is the time period (seconds)

L is the length of the pendulum (metre)

G is the acceleration due to gravity (g = 9.81 m/s2)

Calculate the expected percentage error in the time period calculation if your measurement of length is 4% high.
Original post by John Michele
Hi everyone, i need some help on this maths question please thank you<3

You have carried out an experiment to investigate the effect of the length of a pendulum on the time period of oscillation. Theory says that the pendulum should follow the rule

T=2π √L/g

Where T is the time period (seconds)

L is the length of the pendulum (metre)

G is the acceleration due to gravity (g = 9.81 m/s2)

Calculate the expected percentage error in the time period calculation if your measurement of length is 4% high.

Hi is this question complete? If so it doesn’t make sense 4% high x
Original post by Torigracex
Hi is this question complete? If so it doesn’t make sense 4% high x

Yeah i didn't understand either, its the complete question
See if you can find the whole question online or ask you teacher because I think it’s meant to say ‘4% higher than *something*’
Maybe just make the length 1.04 and everything else as 1 as it’s the same idek that doesn’t make sense as a question
Original post by Torigracex
See if you can find the whole question online or ask you teacher because I think it’s meant to say ‘4% higher than *something*’

Yep your correct
15743414047418474052372641488600.jpgthis is what I've done so far. Cant work out the rest
Did you ever get the answer for this? Doing the same question I don't get that theory of making the question harder by making it not make sense lol

Quick Reply

Latest