Analosamo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What do you recommend me to improve my listening? Watch TV or listening exams and read the transcripts??

CMinnesaenger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
For languages?

For my German I found/find watching TV with subs helpful, also reading passages out loud to try and develop your own accent (which helps with understanding in the long run)...

Fairly mundane stuff like radio programmes, the news and stuff like that help too. The listening exam transcripts can be a bit lifeless, so I‘d suggest spending more time exploring other more interesting sources, but that‘s just my opinion.

I don‘t know how it is for other languages but for instance with German they occasionally throw in listening material with regional accents, so maybe if that‘s the case explore some more regional radio/news. If not it‘s still useful (and fun ) in the long run!

But the best way to improve your listening is by speaking the language and hearing it on the spot! Are there any language discussion/practice groups in your area you could go to as „extra“ stuff (like for German a Goethe Institut branch or something)?

Hope that helped a bit
Last edited by CMinnesaenger; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (72)
32.58%
No I don't (104)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (45)
20.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise