From foundation to Higher in 2 months! Watch

Faves_26
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Guys I’m in set three in science and I want to do higher, I do foundation at the moment for maths and science and I want to get a grade 5 in both subjects in my next mock bc I never do well. For English I got a 3 in paper 1 language and in lit I got a four, Guys I need help I want to get 5s and above in most of my subjects including Religious studies, and computer science Pls some advice?!
Bye we have 7 sets in my school. 7 is the lowest set
Last edited by Faves_26; 3 weeks ago
shomoysha
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
With English lit and lang, techniques are rly important. Like for example you have to think to yourself “why did the author want to use a simile here, or what point is the author trying to get across?” With RE, for me it was just go through the exam board spec that u can find on their website, I just ticked off the things I learnt etc.
Faves_26
Rep:
?
Thank you !
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
English literature is easier if you just think of the first thing that comes to your head when reading a passage. For example, if the author writes something in a poem and uses the word snake, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a snake? Dangerous, fast, slippery etc. So you can argue that the author, in that line of the poem, was talking about something dangerous etc. This is basically the approach I used throughout english lit and I got a good mark for it.
maven2k
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In year 11, I had the opportunity to do a higher tier in science, but I refused because I was afraid that I wouldn’t get more than 5. But then I started to regret that I didn’t take it since I got 30-40 marks more than needed to get grade 5 (In each science). Apparently even the teachers told me that I could achieve 6 if I did higher. Oh well...
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by maven2k)
In year 11, I had the opportunity to do a higher tier in science, but I refused because I was afraid that I wouldn’t get more than 5. But then I started to regret that I didn’t take it since I got 30-40 marks more than needed to get grade 5 (In each science). Apparently even the teachers told me that I could achieve 6 if I did higher. Oh well...
Don't worry too much. GCSE's don't mean a great deal as you get older. After you land your first major job, they become irrelevant.
Faves_26
Rep:
?
Thank you guys so much for adding your own experiences and advice, it mean a lot as I am getting ideas on what I may do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (176)
48.48%
No (44)
12.12%
I'm not old enough (143)
39.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed