The Student Room Group

Tuition fees status

Hi,

I have started getting offers from the unis I applied for, but I have noticed that out of the 3 offers received so far, one has considered me as a home student, one as an international student, while the other one still hasn't decided. I have read the UKCISA guidelines regarding tuition fees status and none of the categories apply to my case, which is a bit of a peculiar one. I am a British citizen but I haven't been a resident of the UK for 3 years prior to the beginning of my course. So whereas, I do get why I am being considered an international student, could one of the unis considering me a home student help me in my appeal to other ones regarding changing my status?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Hey,
I do not think that universities can get involved in the decisions of other universities. But there is a course of action if you think that you have been incorrectly assessed with regard to fee status. The UKCISA website says:
`
Appealing a fee status decision
If you think a mistake has been made with your fee status decision, do not sign any document/contract agreeing to pay the 'overseas' rate of fee. Contact the institution
immediately and ask it to explain the decision. After this, if you still think the decision is wrong, give the reasons why you think there has been
a mistake. It is important to communicate in writing and to keep copies of all correspondence.
If you are still not satisfied with the decision,
contact an adviser at your institution or Students' Union. Alternatively, you can telephone our Advice Line, where we will be happy to discuss your concerns. However, please note, we cannot get involved in individual disputes between you and your institution.

I have a question though. In your fee status questionnaires were you asked if you owned property in the UK and if it was rented it out? If so what was your reply and do you know how renting property poses relevance to the fee status.

Regards
Original post by HPAaxis
Hey,
I do not think that universities can get involved in the decisions of other universities. But there is a course of action if you think that you have been incorrectly assessed with regard to fee status. The UKCISA website says:
`
Appealing a fee status decision
If you think a mistake has been made with your fee status decision, do not sign any document/contract agreeing to pay the 'overseas' rate of fee. Contact the institution
immediately and ask it to explain the decision. After this, if you still think the decision is wrong, give the reasons why you think there has been
a mistake. It is important to communicate in writing and to keep copies of all correspondence.
If you are still not satisfied with the decision,
contact an adviser at your institution or Students' Union. Alternatively, you can telephone our Advice Line, where we will be happy to discuss your concerns. However, please note, we cannot get involved in individual disputes between you and your institution.

I have a question though. In your fee status questionnaires were you asked if you owned property in the UK and if it was rented it out? If so what was your reply and do you know how renting property poses relevance to the fee status.

Regards

I do recall a question asking about property ownership in the UK but, at the same time, I am not really sure what relevance that has to my fee status assessment. I left the spaces blank related to that question as my family doesn't own property in the UK yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending