Does anyone actually listen to this new era of hiphop? Watch

davesantana
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by β0b)
Oh, are they the weird things my friends listen to?
Probs.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No... even my son describes it as spazzing to crap. Mind you, he also described nu-punk as a bunch of kids with their guitars hanging round their ankles... hilarious!
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 month ago
davesantana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zaynnn)
nah it's not just the beat that is rude. The lyrics are very vile. Makes fun out of at least 5 rival rappers who were killed by them.

Another song is a song called "NPK - Kelvin's Coffin". Which is about a kid called Kelvin or otherwise known as the rapper Lampz from WoodGreen/London. He was known across London for being a rapper and his reputation in the streets as it's rumoured he'd stabbed at least 10 people and killed someone. But at the age of 19 he was shot dead in Wood Green Cinema (the CCTV footage of this is on YouTube and there is a BBC Documentary about the case as well.
**** how u know this
tbh this stuff is interesting like gangs n ****, war ect. the songs mad but not as rude as

only person who should rip is cj rest deserve to get put in a spliff.
Zaynnn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by davesantana)
**** how u know this
tbh this stuff is interesting like gangs n ****, war ect. the songs mad but not as rude as

only person who should rip is cj rest deserve to get put in a spliff.
everyone in Wood Green knows about Lampz lol
erm.lily
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Satty_y)
I have a hard time listening to mumble rappers. There are few rappers of this new generation that I love listening to and none of them mumble. I listen to:
1. Token
2. Joyner Lucas
3. Russ
4. Denzel curry
5. Logic
6. BROCKHAMPTON

Tbh I'm not sure how many of these artists are actually considered 'new generation rappers'. All the mainstream mumble rappers with excessive auto tune sound so generic and same that I don't enjoy it. But as long as rappers like the ones I mentioned above exist I'm gonna listen to rap all day long.
brockhampton r the best
Satty_y
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by erm.lily)
brockhampton r the best
They are frikkin amazing!!
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ive changed my mind about 21 Savage completely and DaBaby.. whilst they dont rap about deep stuff their music sounds good.
juugsailorshawty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mostly just listen to music bc it just sounds great, like it's an art form so while i do like some songs that are lyrical advanced, i wouldn't like to be that person who listens to straight hopsin or joyner lucas or any other "deep woke" type rapper. And if you find these guys annoying then you should look somewhere that isn't mainstream. Soundcloud has a bad reputation nowadays bc of so called mumble rappers but it doesn't mean you can't find any decently pleasant rappers that are comprehensible & talk about relatively normal things.
angelike1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ThuggerThugger)
Read what I said fully.. and at least. “Young Thug” (which isn’t my name) does not mumble rap. Compare him to 21 Savage.
Bro wat. He is the definition of mumble rap. Can never understand what he says lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (131)
27.81%
1 (69)
14.65%
2 (72)
15.29%
3 (76)
16.14%
4 (37)
7.86%
5 (31)
6.58%