My first assignment score. - is it good? Watch

jhkt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So, a bit of a back story. I’m 18, dropped out of year 7 and decided to teach myself using the internet and books as school was hell for me. A few months ago I decided I would try higher education but didn’t want to go to a brick uni due to mental health and circumstances so i enrolled in open university and started a access module to then progress in February. Now keeping in mind I haven’t academically learnt for a long time never mind writing an assignment. Well, my first one was due so I sent it in, getting more anxious day by day. Last night I got the results, 78%. I’m between emotions as I’m proud as it was a total shot in the dark but at the same time I a bit confused as to wether it’s a good score or not, and a little annoyed as i was only 2 off of 80. What do you think? *please be nice*
Rover5
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Usually at uni 70% is a first.

So well done.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rover5)
Usually at uni 70% is a first.

So well done.
Second that, definitely a good score and well towards the upper end of the scale. Clearly not perfect however, which is absolutely fine and to be expected in a 1st piece of work. Make sure you look carefully at the feedback, digest that and use it to improve your next piece of work, that is the way to keep your scores high as the difficulty increases and the expectations of your tutors ramp up over time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (173)
49.01%
No (42)
11.9%
I'm not old enough (138)
39.09%

Watched Threads