The Student Room Group

Architecture course eligibility

I'm looking to apply for a course in architecture however I'm not sure if I will meet the entry requirements for my undergraduate degree. I would be a mature student who has worked for a small construction company as a draughtsman for 3 years, as I did not get the gcse requirements to go straight into architecture from school I thought this might be a good alternative to get into the course. I have experience working along side engineers and working with councils all across Scotland, I mainly use autocad but have previously worked with Inventor, revit architecture (3d modelling and rendering), various 3d printing software, Microsoft project ECT and have a small amount of experience working on site with architects (floor plan sketches, elevations, measurements and problem solving with clients). Just wondering if anybody else is in the same boat. Any information would be very helpful, thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Dom46
I'm looking to apply for a course in architecture however I'm not sure if I will meet the entry requirements for my undergraduate degree. I would be a mature student who has worked for a small construction company as a draughtsman for 3 years, as I did not get the gcse requirements to go straight into architecture from school I thought this might be a good alternative to get into the course. I have experience working along side engineers and working with councils all across Scotland, I mainly use autocad but have previously worked with Inventor, revit architecture (3d modelling and rendering), various 3d printing software, Microsoft project ECT and have a small amount of experience working on site with architects (floor plan sketches, elevations, measurements and problem solving with clients). Just wondering if anybody else is in the same boat. Any information would be very helpful, thanks.

Hello,
I think it would be worth taking a trip to a couple of open days and having a conversation with universities you are interested in. It might be that you’d be taking a foundation year just to get you up to speed although I’m sure they will look at your experience as it will stand you in good stead for the actual course.
Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending