queentiggs
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can anyone help me come up with a question for my English Coursework? The texts I've chose are Crush, a poetry anthology by Richard Siken, and If Not, Winter - Fragments of Sappho, a poetry collection by Sappho and translated by Anne Carson. It's for AQA English Lit B I believe.
Last edited by queentiggs; 1 year ago
starsmile
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are you allowed to do texts in translation? if so, those are very good choices!! (i love gay poetry ahaha)
an easy one would be something like the presentation of love/heartbreak etc, or if you're being really suave you could do something about how gay love has been presented over time? i'm not sure what the requirements for your exam board are because i'm doing edexcel.
good luck on it all!
queentiggs
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by starsmile)
are you allowed to do texts in translation? if so, those are very good choices!! (i love gay poetry ahaha)
an easy one would be something like the presentation of love/heartbreak etc, or if you're being really suave you could do something about how gay love has been presented over time? i'm not sure what the requirements for your exam board are because i'm doing edexcel.
good luck on it all!
Yep! Texts in translation are A Ok for our exam board. One of my friends is Russian and she's doing a Russian text, it's going to be awesome because she can comment on the quality of translation rather than just taking it at face value.

I definitely think the presentation of love or heartbreak could be a good theme choice, that's where I'm gonna start at least, but also I would love to do how it's been presented over time. Would require a lot of research though! xD

Thank you for your response!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads