tia2002rose
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
About to send off my ucas application and tailored my personal statement to PPE, found the UCL EISPS course and really like the sound of it as i want a more international grounding. my ps can easily be adapted as phil poand econ can be taken as modules in isps. just wanted to know if the reputation of isps at ucl compared to ppe, my ultimate career goal is for the UN development programme, (slightly unrealistic i know) i don’t particularly want to be a politician but i’m interested in global development and policy so politics plays apart. i take spanish maths and psychology a level predicted A*A*A
also it’s mid november and still haven’t sent my application off does that look bad?
also i know i haven’t even sent off my application but any advice on what the TSA at ucl is like / interview? do i need prior knowledge of ppe? or history etc?
marimekko1234
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tia2002rose)
About to send off my ucas application and tailored my personal statement to PPE, found the UCL EISPS course and really like the sound of it as i want a more international grounding. my ps can easily be adapted as phil poand econ can be taken as modules in isps. just wanted to know if the reputation of isps at ucl compared to ppe, my ultimate career goal is for the UN development programme, (slightly unrealistic i know) i don’t particularly want to be a politician but i’m interested in global development and policy so politics plays apart. i take spanish maths and psychology a level predicted A*A*A
also it’s mid november and still haven’t sent my application off does that look bad?
also i know i haven’t even sent off my application but any advice on what the TSA at ucl is like / interview? do i need prior knowledge of ppe? or history etc?
Hi

I will be doing the TSA on the 4th of Dec and I can tell you my experience after it. I also applied for ISPS.
Levi.-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You know PPE at UCL is one of the most competitive PPE courses out there, even more so than Oxford in some years, I'm pretty sure the UCL PPE is more maths heavy too so if you feel like you can ace some hard maths questions go for PPE otherwise the other.
tia2002rose
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by marimekko1234)
Hi

I will be doing the TSA on the 4th of Dec and I can tell you my experience after it. I also applied for ISPS.
that would be great thank you! which language will you be majoring in?
marimekko1234
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
that would be great thank you! which language will you be majoring in?
I want to major in French and minor in Japanese maybe or Chinese.

PS. could you PM me? I'd rather tell my experience in private
anamat86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by marimekko1234)
I want to major in French and minor in Japanese maybe or Chinese.

PS. could you PM me? I'd rather tell my experience in private
Hi! do you mind if i PM you as well! im struggling with this same dillemma
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (68)
27.42%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (26)
10.48%
No - I live at home during term anyway (76)
30.65%

Watched Threads